Time of year...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by voices_inmy_head, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

Am I alone in this time of year? It makes me drink more, I work much longer hours, come home and drink myself too sleep...

I dunno, I was doing better. Drinking less often, smaller amounts and now I feel myself slipping.

I've drunk enough to be 'drunk' and yet I want to drink more

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It ishard when you use a substance to keep the demons away. Your drinking will only make things worse you know this. Can you not go out just for a coffee go to shopping mall just get out amonsgt people Don't isolate yourself. I wish you didn't feel so alone I am glad you came here to talk Keep talking okay and throw the alcohol out have a coffee on me.
  3. Tim.

Tim. SF Emoti-King

The holidays are both stressful and an excuse to drink.

I'm not sure if you have true alchohol problem, if that's not an issue for you, or if it's only an issue because it makes other problems worse.

But I hardly think you are alone. Everyone I know drinks more... usually a lot more... during the holidays.

But if you want to drink less, good luck setting that goal, letting others know about it, and sticking to it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.