Time Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
These past few months, I've been going from country to country. Being in one place suffocates me and I miss my old friends, but they also have lives. I haven't been in contact with anybody for 3 months now, every time someone calls me, I hang up, or every time someone messaged me, I wouldn't reply nor read their messages. I feel incredibly lonely every time I'm surrounded with many people, maybe it's because they're just people I "know".

Yesterday my best friend who is now a therapist at some hospital in another country, called me, I'm in Greenwich Village right now. She said some people were worried and she was worried that I've been unreachable for a long time, it kinda made me feel better. The fact that she called me out of worry and there were some people out there worried too. But I don't think I'll be fine anytime soon, and I'm not gonna be back home anytime soon. If I go home now, I'll start getting "bad" again. And I've been stopping myself from cutting by distracting myself with traveling. And my friend who's a therapist might get worried and my older sister too.

-Myles

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi Myles
Sounds like you're in a pretty bad place. If traveling makes you feel better then keep doing it. But maybe checking in with people is a good idea too. They're worried about you and they care. You don't have to have huge conversations with them but letting them know you're ok could help you both.

Hi Myles
Sounds like you're in a pretty bad place. If traveling makes you feel better then keep doing it. But maybe checking in with people is a good idea too. They're worried about you and they care. You don't have to have huge conversations with them but letting them know you're ok could help you both.
Been answering the phone pretty often since yesterday :) Thanks . Have a good one too :)
[

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, I'm glad to hear that your friend contacting you made you feel a little better, just goes to show you people do really care about you. I hope you stop isolating as much, it can be very damaging to your mental health. Hugs x

KG654

I think if it's helping you, do that. Sounds wonderful to travel, what experiences! It's nice they are concerned, but sometimes we just need space from those who remind us of a bad past. Enjoy it, live life, change is good! You are smart to do that! Just let your friends know you are fine and out exploring a new life. =) I wish more who are in a bad spot would do that. Get away, start new. Blessings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00