Time to go

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Is This It, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is This It

Is This It Well-Known Member

Really think I might do it tonight I've been thinking about it all day. I feel so depressed, I've got no real friends, no one will really care. I can see all my veins sticking out just begging to be cut.

2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

We care here.

Stick around and talk - it can help :) :hug:

Here if you need to talk

Joe

3. beautifuloblivion

beautifuloblivion Well-Known Member

Of course we care! Please hang in there...we're always here if you need to talk! :hug:

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Hey there, yes we care and we don't want anything happening to you. If you let us know what's going on and maybe venting your feelings it will help you. Is there anything in particular making you feel suicidal? Have you spoken to a doctor or anything else about your depression? People do care, please hang in there and let us know more about yourself, if you feel comfortable with that we'll listen and try to help. :hug:

5. Is This It

I made it through the night without killing myself, I went out in my car to take my mind off it and cut myself about a dozen times more.

In answer to your questions resistance I'm very confused about why I get so depressed I think I might have social anxiety disorder or something. I've spoken to a doctor once he didn't seem to take it very seriously and I think he thought I was just being an over emotional teenager. I find it hard to talk about so I think it comes across as not being as bad as it is. I don't really have anyone to talk to, I told my dad I was unhappy and he got angry at me and said I had no reason to be. My mum just laughed at me when I tried to talk to her because she thinks its just a teenage phase. I told my mate once that I was getting depressed but I could tell it was making him uncomfortable and that he didn't want to talk about it so I dropped it.

6. VengeanceDNS

VengeanceDNS Active Member

that gets me so angry! i think supportive friends and family are so important, maybe write a letter to all of them and open up. maybe then theyll take you seriously?

7. Robin

Robin Guest

I can understand how people feel about talking to someone with a depressive illness, I find it hard to cope with talking to people about their problems in real life but then I feel threatened easily, I do much better online it seems which is odd. I can also understand how you feel rejected though, you must have felt alot of negative emotions stopping you from reaching out and I commend you on your strength of character for doing so regardless.

Perhaps though it is time to give the professionals a chance, would be nice to speak to someone in real life about how you feel and have them actively treat you, it's a slow process in the UK but one that can work (can sometimes depend on your postcode too unfortunately :( )

And not forgetting you have all of SF in which to post anything you need to let out, it doesn't work for all but until you try you'll never know.

8. Is This It

I guess I should go and see a doctor, understanding more about why I get depressed would be a big step for me.

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

For some reason I'm like that too.. communicate much much better online.

And hun, I think Robin's right, maybe it is time to seek help... it could help if you just let it. :)

I'm here if you need to talk, anytime. :) :hug:

10. Dave303

Dave303 Well-Known Member

<mod edit: bunny - quoting deleted post>

I think problems can be solved through counseling and talking. This isn't good advice in my opinion, as suicide is NEVER the answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2007
  11. Robin

Robin Guest

Here's something posted in the UP forum that I thought was apt for this thread, I'm with Dave303, I disagree totally with what Guy Incognito XI said but this poster said something on the same lines that makes a bit more sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.