Time to hit the road, Jack

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jxdama, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

I was trying to apply for obamacare and found out there will be no coverage for me. it must know what income i have and it calculated it as 393 a month from enterprise. i got someone on the phone to help and she told me my income is too low for any discount and virginia didnt sign up for the medicare exchange so im screwed. i havent had insurance for years and i thought i might finally get coverage. the lowest i could get is 432 a month, lol and im making 393 a month. life is nothing but warmed over crap.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I hope you don't do anything!! :hug: Is there any sort of legal advice you can get on what your options are, on if there's any way to get you some coverage? I don't know how things work in your state or where your income is from, but what they're doing to you is just wrong. Hope you'll keep fighting for your rights; here if you need anything.

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

The Obamacare is a complete joke - most of the actually poor uninsured do not qualify because as Jxdama said - their income is too low -- so th ehealth plan to help the poor excludes the too low.

You do in fact qualify for tons of other programs jxdama. Foodstamps, Heating assistance, utilities assistance, and may well qualify for standard medicaid - but you need to apply for them.

4. jxdama

yea, im screwed. im sure i can qaulify for some type of help, but i have had it.

5. jxdama

you know the really funny thing? i have a friend that has a family and she signed up for obamacare. her husband makes alot of money and she got a health plan thats 900 a month for her family but they also get a discount of 900 a month so its free to her for at least a year while i am sitting here with squat.

6. WildCherry

You deserve some help, and there have to be options out there for you to get it. I know you said you've had it, but I hope you find the strength to check into what you qualify for; it's worth it.

7. jxdama

not worth it if you are completely alone.

8. WildCherry

I know it doesn't feel worth it. But whether you realize it or not, you're worth a lot here, and there are people here who care a lot about you.

9. Hannahp

Hannahp Member

That was a very sweet ting to say. I am just overcome with the amount of kindness these wonderful people display.

10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You have so much worth hun please don't doubt that ok as said we care about you here hugs

11. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Your life situation as it is right now may make you think it is not worth it- and from what I know of you and your situation I certainly can understand why it may be hard to get motivated to do anything that in your mind just prolongs a bad situation. Bit I also know you are a good person , a caring person, and mean a lot to many people here. You are certainly worth my time to try to make things better for you. If you decide to let me spend some of my time making some phone calls and finding you meaningful assistance for at least things like decent food and a warm place to sleep, then you can decide if it is worth it based on a much higher quality life. I cannot promise what you will decide then, but you owe it to yourself to at least give it a try in better physically more comfortable situation than you are in now. It is not your fault you are in that situation , a lot of things happened to get you there, let me or somebody try to correct some of those wrongs and get you in a better situation before you assign a value on the life you are living..... I respect you and your privacy too much to keep harping on this, bu tit is a standing offer - I have nothing but hours in a day with nothing to do but stare out a window, let me spend a few hours making some calls and trying to correct some of the issues that were forced on you by circumstance and situation and then see if it is worth it to you or not.

12. jxdama

i will consider it

13. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

:hug: jxdama. I wish I was in a better position to help or offer advice, but I have no idea how the healthcare system works in America. Just know that you are worth a lot here, to the people here and the site in general. You are very much cared about and loved, not worthless in my eyes at all.

14. jxdama

thanks for the support.

15. WildCherry

You're wanted and cared for here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.