Time to let go

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Pabazu, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pabazu

Pabazu New Member

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: suicide note>

I've written this to be my suicide note. For a while I didn't see a point even leaving one; gone is gone. But I do have a desire to let my close ones have a chance to understand my reasoning, perchance to ease their suffering. I know they will never fully comprehend my views and convictions nomatter how elaborately I'd express them, so instead of trying that I came up with this point to point pseudo-poem.

My suicide is more than 20 years in the coming at this point, so please don't respond with how I may not have thought things through, or how tomorrow might look better. Not causing my close ones suffering has been one of the major points for holding back on killing myself, but as I write in my note "... it is better you end than decline further into a shame", I see now that while they might look favourably upon me now, the passing of years will only see me decline into a person increasingly wretched, silent and bitter - like so many, many other people I see in every day life. But where fear of death is keeping them in check, I've worked long to overcome that particular hurdle.

So why post it here? I'd like some feedback, perhaps some pointers, I dunno. And I won't deny vanity playing a part.
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I won't respond with how you may not have thought things out or about tomorrow being better. I will say that note or no note, I will never understand why my son left me in this way. I am empty... but I will survive. Look deep and find the same strength. I am sorry that you feel this way, it would be so awesome if people could find the words to change someone's pain into wellness. Only you can do that though.
  3. Pabazu

Pabazu New Member

My OP has been rendered moot, since the suicide note I presented have been removed by an editor.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

This is a pro-life site, so things like suicide notes aren't really allowed. But we want to help you, so maybe you can tell us why you think suicide is your only choice. What brought you to this point? Is there really nothing in life that you enjoy? Your family would really be hurt if you were gone, and that's a good reason not to do it...but there are many good reasons not to kill yourself. I know you don't want to be convinced otherwise, but I hope you do stick around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.