Time to live off the grid

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Adam_D, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

I am planning to leave my home but not sure when I will do it. I will take what I need to survive for a limited amount.

Why do this? Because society is warped. I no longer tolerate it. A radical change will have to be made.

Trying to get a job is highly pointless, but then again, I don't believe in it as it's slavery.

I'm going to burn my birth certificate, National Insurance details anything else with my name printed on it as these documents are for oppression.

The last thing I will do is to dig a hole somewhere. When I'm found, I will be dead.

As I'm on a depression programme that will be aborted as well as they are useless and they think they know best. They don't possibly understand my depression as it has now advanced to it's deepest reaches which is past the point of no return.

The end is the only thing that matters.

I have no traits and I am not needed nor wanted here on Earth. My bloodline is a disgrace.

2. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I am at the edge looking over as well. The only remorse I have is thinking of my family, but what can you do when you feel so dead inside.

What is it that makes you feel so angry? Has someone done something to you or are you just utterly pissed with the world? A teacher once told me I was 'pissed off with the world' a few years ago. Now I just feel dead...

3. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

There is something very romantic yet rebellious about this. I would love to just do one and disappear.

If you are into reading books, Jon Krakauer wrote a book called Into the wild about the true story of Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp). This guy sends all his college fund to oxfam, about £20000 and guys off into the wild. It's a very cool story apart from he dies at the end from eating poisoneous berries.

4. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

It's the way life is in the world. The system is Wrong. Most people are wired too deeply in a false reality and I don't want to be near them.

5. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Can definately see your thinking. I've been wanting to bale for a long time. I would love to get away from civilization for a while. I hate having to be somewhere at some given time and being coerced into doing shit I have no interest in doing, at least temporarily, it is a kind of oppression.

We do this shit with the aim of "getting ahead" and putting food on the table, but a couple millenia ago you didnt need a society, you hunted your food and ate what nature provided. All of it a lot healthier than the shit we eat now. Agribusiness, synthetic chemicals, phosphates....all played a role in poisoning the earth.

I dunno, "Society" - it certainly takes its toll on your mental well being. Whatever I say on this site is largely pointless and 99% ignored so I dont think my incredibly insightful observations will be missed if I did head for the hills.l

6. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said. I don't enjoy any bnefits of this modern world. There is no any material thing that could make me happy,i hate TV,i dont need fancy cloth or new car or any other thing. I would rather to enjoy in natural beauties of this world and breed fresh air. But many people became gready and selfish over money and material things,and they rather choose to work all day (for some capitalist assholes) so day can buy a new car than be independent. I have graduated at college 8 month ago and still cant get a job,actualy i have to beg for it and be happy if i get paid 500$ a month(i live in Serbia) Is that what i wanted when decided to go for more "education". God,i would like to trade my degree for all those wasted years of hard studying...

I got same idea recently but the problem is i dont wanna do it alone,if i can find just one people who think the same i would go to jungle,i dont care even if i die. Dying alone isn't a good idea...

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Remember, wherever you go, there you are.
    I've thought about this a lot too.
    Good luck :hug:

8. tendenCs_89

tendenCs_89 Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you say, and Id love to do this.
    I hate the way society is set up and Ive spent so long trying to conform and fit in to this cold uncaring world that I too have reached the point where I want to shout a resounding FUCK YOU! back at it instead :D

For me it would be to travel to Japan. I learnt the language for a year and could fit in well. I fantasise about running away from home and going there all the time. Just forgetting my studies, my friends and family and my entire life and starting a new one on the other side of the globe.

But what iloveyou said is true. Even though your surroundings are evil and messed up and are ruining your life. It is essentially the way you are reacting to them which is the cause of your problems. You cant escape your own mind, and that is what is making you feel the way you do in exactly the same way mine is making me feel.

But still, good luck to you, you have more balls than me to do something like that :)

9. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I would love to live off he grid, to rely on no one and mix with no one. sad thing is its very hard to do.

10. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

Surviving off the grid requires a great deal of knowledge for survival. Growing food (I would never take a life of a non-human animal, I would rather die)

I always thought to take a electrolysis kit with me too. Diffusing water and make fuel out of it. Living underground feels safer than setting up a tent in a middle of nowhere.

I could only do this if driven at the deepest extreme.

You know what guys. There is something that makes me laugh. People spending too much time on their mobiles, people paying alot for shitty channels with celebrities who don't have much talent and football. I pity them now and they could of use that money they had for better things. Perils of the ego.

As I've written this post, I'm not in a depressed state as I was when I started this thread, otherwise the contents of this exact post would of been different if I was in the same negative state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.