Time to rise from the ashes

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by InfiniteLight, Mar 29, 2012.

1. InfiniteLight

InfiniteLight Member

This episode of depression from which I'm starting to recover from has been a particularly difficult one but now that I'm on the up I feel like putting a bit of the light that has come back in a place where I can read it again and also share it.

I was completely disconnected from every person I considered close to me and had no qualms about leaving the world. I survived my suicide attempt and am now rebuilding.

The haunting thoughts from my past are now being used to remind me that I am a stronger and better person for it. I think back over the hard times and I can realise that when it counted I made the right decisions. It's something I can be proud of and need to hold onto.

I've found that I've been treated differently upon revealing either my past or depression. I accept the treatment from people that I receive because what I have lived through is may be uncommon or just taboo for some people.

I don't want to hold onto the ill feelings and so I'd like to extend my thanks to some people. I don't exaggerate when I say that my doctor has saved my life and for the friends that still see me as the same person despite the things they learn about me I'll be eternally grateful.

I also need to thank all of you reading this post. I'm a stranger on the internet and we'll probably never meet but there's something special in how we can reach out towards each other in our darkest moments. It's inevitable that I'll fall again but your company has been something to hold me onto the world and make me feel that little bit less lonely.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so glad you are feeling stronger hun and that your doctor and your friends have been there to help you climb out of that darkness hugs to you