Time to stop

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Northern, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Hi all,

About 2 months ago I started smoking weed again. As a former addict I got hooked rapidly. Now with my vacations coming I want to stop because when I smoke, I cannot enjoy anything without it, which is a problem when spending vacations with family and friends who don't smoke. Also I am too old for this and it doesn't bring me joy anyway.

I know it sounds silly and everyone always say how there is no physical withdrawal with weed but I know that for the next 7 days I will get almost no natural sleep and have terrible nightmares. I will also be in terrible terrible mood. Everyone I know that smoke a lot have similar symptoms when they stop.

So, I wanted to share this here, hoping that in tougher times maybe someone will think of me.

Ty and take care

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there,

I do not smoke weed but know many people who do, one in particular stands out, he smokes weed all day/night it is all he does and he is the extremely paranoid but he isn't what you would think he is. His character is very likable and he is very charming and actually talks a lot of sense for someone who smokes it non stop (not passing judgement) but he's a great guy and I know he does not want to quit so he won't. Just wanted you to know that it doesn't make you a bad person, anyone can get addiction from anything, it does not define who you are, it's just a small part of the picture.

I hope you can manage to come off it and everyone will have their own idea of whether there is withdrawal or not (i say that 'cos i have no clue about weed w/d). But good luck to you and beat this out of your life!!

3. Dumas

Dumas Well-Known Member

I have not smoked in a long time. It was hard to smoke around people that didn't . I take klonopin to help me sleep and for anxiety. Maybe that could help take the edge off . Best of luck.

4. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Ty both!

Petal: I know i am a good person, despite my terrible mood these days! I am generous and see the best into people.

Dumas: Yes medication would have helped but i am from a very small community so if I go at the hospital for that, my parents and my bosses will know about it before i even get out. also i had some sleeping meds in reserve to help. I would surely go to the hospital if i get suicidal though. Also once I get a personal doctor i will ask for anxiety medication, it annoy me greatly to be so uncomfortable around people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.