Time

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Ima.robot, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

I was on reddit and saw a picture of a beautiful girl from the 1970s. I was thinking how she may even be someones grandma today. This lead to to ponder that one day Ill be 'old' also even though right now its almost unfathomable to imagine that. Im only 21 but I already get sad thinking about how Ill be old one day.

Anyways there is no real point to this thread, just wanted to see if anyone else relates. And sorry if it triggered anyone.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you are only as old as you feel hun i see people who are 100 yrs old and they look 50 really because they keep their mind and souls young and that is how you live stay active and keep involved with life hugs toyou

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You are implying that old is bad or not possible to be happy as well.... Old is very different to you at 21 and you see only the bad parts of being older at the moment -- there are some really nice things that come with age and experience as well. While there are more bad memories and pain, there are also more good. And for many they have reached a point of contentment where there is no longer the ridiculous competition for everything to be more and better. And most importantly , most older people have learned the wisdom of not really caring what other people think anymore and to just be themselves.

4. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Yeah this is one I need to work on, not caring what others think, but Ive gotten a bit better. If age is how you feel though, consider me a senior lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.