Time

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by alimar, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alimar

alimar Well-Known Member

I am in the process of taking an overdose... I struggled for weeks to get people within mental health to understand my plans and take me seriously but they have not. I’ve been kicked out of group therapy because I wouldn’t give up a planned holiday and attend the group to discuss my sudicial thoughts... despite they knew how important this holiday and break was to me, it had been booked and approved as okay since January...

I lost my mum 8 weeks ago and I am struggling to retain any self worth...

2. beforetheworst

beforetheworst Active Member

Hi,

I'm sorry that no one took you seriously. I totally know what that is like!!! It really sucks majorly. But I take you seriously, and I would really like you to stop the overdosing that you're currently doing.

Is there anyone you can call instead? any supports?

Feel free to talk to me instead of taking anything more.

xx

3. alimar

alimar Well-Known Member

I have someone from the crisis team visiting this afternoon, K I've got to know her over the past few weeks... I'll try and talk to her... people tell me I should beg for them to put me into hospital but I am so ashamed... what would my dad think? He has no idea what is going on in my head now, or perhaps he does but doesn't want to see it...

I went to a meeting yesterday with two members of staff from the therapy group... I only went because I became obsessed with L one of the staff members, I had a major crush on her, she knew about it, everyone did... but they didn't realise how much I was obsessing with her... I hate myself for not being able to handle those thoughts... she's so nice but she can't help me anymore... it feels no one can, the options go back to the CMHT... a complete backward step from 10 months of therapy and hard work... on top of losing mum to a serious illness...

I don't think I am strong enough to fight anymore...

4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi Alimar,

Please let us know how your meeting with the crisis team went? I hope you get the help from them that you need.

Please take care :hug: xx

5. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

Don't be ashamed. The time I spent on the psych ward was... hard to describe. I hated it when I was there. The first thing I did when I got on the ward was wander around and figure out 6 ways I could kill myself before the staff could stop me. It's irrelevant whether they would have worked - I needed the safety valve. As long as I could I didn't have to. It makes sense to me. :cold:
    Anyway, I needed the time - it kept me alive during a time when I would not have survived without it. It got me to a state where I could keep myself alive.
    Do what you need to do to stay alive.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It's natural to have a crush on your caregiver..My therapist from the first couple of times I was in the hospital was so nice to me and she was good looking too.. I fell head over heels with her.. I never told anyone.. That was my little secret..Then I got insurance so the rest of my times in were at the main hospital and who would of thought I got another nice and good looking therapist..I held myself back this time because I didn't want to go thru what I did with the first one..Maybe you should sit your dad down and have a serious talk with him about how your feeling.. He might be able to help you get the support you need.. You also have us to help support you..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.