Tingling scars?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ire, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ire

Ire Guest

Ok... anymore whenever I shiver the scars on my arms tingle. Mostly the deeper ones, especially where I burned myself with the zippo.

Anyone else get this?

2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i`m sorry if i don`t get exacly what you mean, i`m not a fully english speaker, but if you mean tingling by "like heartbeating" on your wound i know what you mean, it happens because your body starts healing itself^^

3. Ire

Ire Guest

No, more like pins and needles when your hand or such falls asleep? Only it's very brief.

I don't think I cut deep enough to do nerve damage.

4. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

sorry...but sound like nerve damage to me.. remember that there's nerves at the very tips of your skin and its all attached..so its very easy to damage nerves. :blink:

5. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i think i know the feeling you mean, and i do get that in several of my worst scars. its weird, but as has already been said i think its just nerve damage

6. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Yeah, I get that all the time. :dry:

7. netsirk

netsirk Active Member

I get that feeling also. I think it is nerve damage and it is only in my worst scars as well. I feel it whenever I am really cold and sometimes if my arm falls asleep the scar areas hurt the most. They also turn like a purple color when I am cold. Anyone have that problem?

8. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

I've gotten that before, when the cold rushes by on the wind, your skin contracts a little, stretching the scars. At least, that's what I believe.

There's also that constant 'itch' I seem to have, that only goes away when I cut, and comes back soon after, that could be what you're talking about also?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.