Tired of ALWAYS doing the WRONG thing

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by BK_Jetsfan, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan Well-Known Member

I think this is what is the greatest source of my depression. And I can't blame others for my own stupid fucking choices. But it seems like I am ALWAYS doing the wrong thing, always making the worst decisions, and people love to let me know about it. It's tiring. I get it. I'm a fuckup. I live with that 24/7. And it sucks knowing just how much I let others down. How the fuck do you function with that knowledge?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are not a f up okay your choices at the t ime seemed right you can o nly try hun and learn from the choices that went wrong You do your best and that is all one can do and the people who are judging you need to step down a bit and look after themselves and not judge you
  3. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about myself, BK, and I'm so very sorry you're struggling. :( The only thing that I can really say that might be helpful is that many of us who feel like we keep getting it wrong...wrong...wrong fail to recognize that circumstances beyond our control shaped us into the adults we are now. I screw up constantly, but I can honestly say, the biggest mistakes I am compelled to make are because I'm just trying to survive the only way I know how (even when the rational part of me knows that what I'm doing in the moment is self-defeating). Sending friendship and hugs... :console:
  4. MorganaNever

MorganaNever Well-Known Member

What are some wrong things you do? I just want to have some idea cause it can mean many different things.
  5. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

I can relate to that, but I've become accustomed to being a fuck up, self-sabotage seems to be one of the things I'm best at apparently
  6. Severijn

Severijn Well-Known Member

Hi. I remember doing almost always things badly, especially socially. In the end I found out it was basically a self-esteem issue. Because you feel terrible on the inside, you do terrible things on the outside. Perhaps it's an idea to buy some self-esteem workbooks, or read some good internet articles about self-esteem and self-sabotage. Things like that can help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.