Tired of being anxious

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Rockclimbinggirl, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I don't know what to do. I'm too anxious to work on school assignments so I keep procrastinating, and ultimately make myself more anxious. I'm tired of losing sleep due to being anxious, and I really want to harm myself to make myself less anxious. I know I shouldn't but I don't know what else to do.

2. mei

mei Active Member

I don't want to come out as a know-it-all but please don't harm yourself. I used to and it made me feel a bit better, relaxed but only for a second, maybe a minute. It's not worth it. I really wish that you don't.

AdamTide likes this.
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I know it won't help in the long run. I'll do my best to resist the temptation.

4. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

I struggle with anxiety on a daily basis. I know how crushing it can be. Heck I've been nervous tonight but I've gotten GOOD out of it by encouraging people on here. I learned a long time ago to get positive out of the negative. Everything is going to be ok kcho. :) Look for the good in each day. When you get nervous try to tell yourself that there's really nothing to be scared of. Look around at your surroundings and realize that you are safe and everything is going to be alright. PM me if you need me. "There's a light at the end of this tunnel for you." hug

sahel likes this.
  5. sahel

sahel SF Supporter

Don't know if it may be effective or not, but if you think it will, you can give it a try.
    When you have a assignment, if you push yourself too hard to do it and force yourself you may become anxious, if you procrastinate it completely, then you will become anxious when it's close to the deadline. If it's possible try to chunk the assignment in small parts, start with the easiest part, and decide that when you're done with it you will treat yourself and give yourself a reward for doing it, before starting the other part. The rewards can be anything that you enjoy and/or do when you are procrastinating doing your assignments.

AdamTide likes this.
  6. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

Awesome advice. Taking things a small bit at a time can help a lot. Sometimes we even have to take our lives hour by hour. Life can be very beautiful. Giving yourself an award is great. It gives you something to work for. Use it as motivation. You CAN accomplish it. Think as positively as you can. You can do it ! :) hug