Tired of being different

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by dreamer11, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamer11

dreamer11 Member

While obviously some difference is a good thing and it's nice to stand out on occasion, I just don't understand why I have to be so different. I don't LIKE being different. I just want to blend in and be as "normal" as possible. I may be a sorority girl but after having to move across the country to a wacky place when I was thirteen, then having to go to an all-girls boarding school for high-school where literally NOTHING was normal (I didn't have a car; we rode a school bus if we wanted to go to the mall, our prom was all girls, etc.) then being in college and still not experiencing any significant relationship is just SO emotionally draining. I haven't had normalcy since I was 13 and it's really upsetting.

Many of my other friends are in or have had relationships by now and I just know it's not gonna happen for me in college at this point as a junior. That's disappointing enough, as I really believed I would be in a relationship during college, and because girls TOLD me that guys would be lining up to be with me once I went to a co-ed school. But apparently not. I'm so disappointed. I KNOW I'M ATTRACTIVE AND FUN AND MOSTLY A DECENT PERSON. I'm SO DAMN TIRED of people saying I need to wait; it's easy for them to say when they don't have to. I've been on my own since I was 13 and I'm SO ready to factor somebody into my life and care about them, but haven't had ANYTHING significant in terms of romantic or sexual development by now and most of my social scene has. I feel like I'm being left behind and look like a child. It's hard for me to not resent it. The worst part is when people say that I'll be wanted in the real world and that I'm "the marrying type" but THAT'S WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT COLLEGE AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED. It's really hard for me to be optimistic at this point.

People say I'm "different or special" BUT I NEVER ASKED TO BE. Can't somebody just want to be with me?

2. Kranman

Kranman New Member

Im sorry, but no not really human attraction doesn't usually work out like that. All I can say is get out more flirt with more guys. Not saying you will find someone at your current school but it will definitely increase your chances. Also the most important thing when attracting a guy is confidence. So own your uniqueness girl, don't try to be completely normal. If your confident and upbeat your chances are a lot better that guys will be interested in you.

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Life doesn't make sense in general anyhow. Show more patience. Sometimes being desperate is what keeps some at bay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.