Tired of being tired.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Grey68, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grey68

Grey68 Active Member

For the last two years I've been horribly fatigued. I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and given a cpap to use, and it helped somewhat. However I am still really tired everyday. I lost my job because of this. I am in my forties, and can't fathom living possibly thousands of more days like this. There is nothing in this world worth dragging myself through the day for. Goddamn I wish I could die.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am sorry to hear how you suffer. Being fatigued is no joke.
    Have you seen your doctor lately and told them that you're still tired despite the cpap? Maybe there are other solutions.

Don't give up, try to find solutions rather. There could be other things going on that could be treated, maybe you need other sleep aids?

Talk to your GP and get it sorted.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi grey and welcome to the forum, sorry to hear you are suffering so badly, those thousands of days ahead could be good ones once your depression is treated. Are you seeing a professional for help with this? If not I really think you should. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, maybe there are support groups for people with that? That's something to look into *hugs*

4. Grey68

Grey68 Active Member

I quit my job because they went to a 9 hr (maybe 10) schedule 6-7 days a week. I was already wiped out working regular hours. So I have no job and no insurance. I've been on cpap, had blood work and still I am exhausted everyday.

5. Grey68

Grey68 Active Member

I doubt it. My depression would be remarkably better if I didn't have to drag myself through the day. Life is tough enough without that. I just don't want to live anymore; there's nothing in this life worth dragging myself through the day for.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Do you feel like this every day or do you have good/bad days? Keep talking to us because we can relate to how you are feeling. I think you should try seeing a therapist. Are you medically unwell as well? well i know you are but how bad is it? Have you a diagnosis?

...One time I felt as bad as you did and I nearly died from it, I was in a coma on life support please trust me when I say things do and can get better, don't underestimate yourself. You seem like a nice person, you don't deserve all of this suffering.

7. Grey68

Grey68 Active Member

Yes, everyday. For two years now with no end in sight. Therapists can't help me; my problem is that I am tired, very tired all the time. I have been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea, but the treatment isn't nearly effective enough. I've been to the doctor many times for this and nothing makes it better. All I want out of life at this point is its end. I wish I had the courage to do it but I don't right now. I hate life; I hate every goddamn moment I'm alive.

8. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

Oh my god, thank you. You are not alone. I understand. Im 26 and i wake up exhausted after a full nights sleep. I was told i dont have sleep apnea. The docs put me on sleep meds. I flipped shit. If i dont force myself out of bed i have been known to sleep 18 hrs a day. Ive slept through multiple classes and alarms for work or school. Pm me if you want to talk. Maybe we can swap ideas on how to combat this? Please message me.

9. Grey68

Grey68 Active Member

I have no idea what to do about this. Its been two years now, and no end in sight.

10. Grey68

Grey68 Active Member

There are no answers. It doesn't get better.

11. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

My sleep is so bad also. I have no insurance so unable to get diagnosed. I have tried to keep a regular sleeping pattern yet I still wake up fatigued. I don't think I ever reach REM stage. I think the reason for my depression and suicidal thoughts being as bad as they are is because I don't sleep.
    I had been give Trazodone sometime ago but that me feel like a zombie. I take melatonin before I go to sleep and that makes me drowsy yet does not promote healthy sleep. I am lucking if I get 3 hours.
    I break the cardinal rule when not be able to sleep, they say get up and do something yet I don't. I just kind of lay there and drift between awake and sleep. I can still hear everything.
    I honestly believe that I could figure a way to break the no sleep genie it would be a tremendous help yet I have had insomnia for more years than I care to admit.

12. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

Im chugging coffee during class to stay awake, ive stopped taking naps during lunch. Ppl say stay actove but its incredibly hard when all i want to do is sleep. Do u guys run walk or hike?

13. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I have tried walking yet it is tough to motivate myself to get out there to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.