Tired of being tired!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by catecholamine, Jul 9, 2011.

1. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

Do any of you ever get fed up with sleeping so much? When I say I sleep a lot, people instantly think depression. But it can't be, because I don't feel all that depressed. I'm sleepy every waking second. I fall asleep at times I shouldn't, such as in class (NEVER used to do this!), during a final exam, etc. I went to see my brother and my new nephew 2 weeks ago. My brother was preaching at a church. I'm not religious but I went to it because I knew it would make him happy, but I kept falling asleep. I know everyone jokes about falling asleep in church but it was just like when I fell asleep during my physiological psychology final...I could. not. keep. my. eyes. open. I would wake up every so often, my mother was prodding me awake every 20 to 30 seconds for the whole time. I tried so hard to wake up but could not. Afterwards I went to the car to sleep while my mother socialized with people because I couldn't stay awake any longer. Then I slept the full 8 hours home. Did I mention I slept 8 hours that night before?

The doctors don't take me seriously when I tell them I have sleep issues. I'm fed up with sleeping 15 to 19 hours a day! I'm sleeping my life away and I hate it! And I don't know what to do! I just feel sick over all, my hair is falling out...went to get my hair cut and the stylist asked me out of the blue if I had a health problem that is making my hair fall out. On top of that, I just found out my PCOS has gotten much worse and all the testosterone makes me irritable and angry all the time. Not to mention makes my face break out and has made me gain weight. And there isn't a damn thing they can do to help it.
    GAH!! What should I do? I'm so fed up with it all I want to tear what's left of my hair out! :mad:
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Insist that blood tests are done and that you are not making this up...there are many things that can cause tiredness...go to the Emergency Room when you are in such a fatigue state and make them treat you...you have to advocate for yourself and see what is causing this...J
  3. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

I went to the ER once 2 years ago after I actually collapsed from fatigue even though I'd been sleeping more than enough. They didn't really give a crap. I told them I had been having chest pain earlier that day when I took a breath (not a heart problem I'm sure), so they gave me anxiety meds and sent me home. When the chest pain started again, I took the klonopin and it didn't help at all so it couldn't have been anxiety.

My ER sucks anyway. They aren't nice. At all. I would never go there by choice. My doc has done some blood work, just basic stuff - kidneys, thyroid, liver....all of which they have to check because I'm on lithium and have hypothyroidism.

Autoimmune disorders run in my family so I mentioned that but he refused to test for them. I had a sleep study 2yrs ago and I didn't have sleep apnea or anything. I spent a few nights in a hotel room with my mom and she didn't hear me gasping for air or anything so it isn't that.

The doc doesn't seem to care at all that my hair is falling out. It came up in conversation with my psychiatrist and he was more interested in it than my PCP. :huh: