Tired of family, authority figures

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sadhart, Feb 10, 2014.

1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I am sick of people who think that just because they are older than you they are automatically right, when they can be proven wrong. My family is nortorious for this. Worse, the only time i am seen as an adult is when they want to point out the fact that i don't have my own place or car....they just assume I don't have anything planned for a better future and it makes me sick. They are hypocrites and they don't realize how their negative hypocritical bullshit does not help. I'm not sure if I love them anymore.....sorry if this is vague....im kind of tired.

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hey, I am sorry that they are so unhealhty for you. Negativity toward someone about themseelves never is constructive. I hope you will not let them define you.

3. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I try not to.....but it's hard, and I am so tired. I'm giving up soon.

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I hope you will not give up. I was stuck once living with my mother. I was an adult. It was horriffic. i did not have the power left to get out. But finally I did. Please do not give up on yourself. Do you have anyone locally you can talk to? eg a therapist? I wish I could find a good one for myself. Please dont give up on the future. And I AM sorry things are so hard now.