Tired of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
My life feels like it isnt going anywhere. Im 30 years old, working at a dead end job, still living at home with my parents. I have a horrible social anxiety and I always end up isolating myself from people I would like to get close to. Everyone sees me as a failure. The world would be better off with out me. Wish I would have died in my car accident a few years ago. Ready to end it all, why should I have to suffer through life?

morning rush

:( :hug: I'm sorry you're feeling like that. I can relate, I'm 31, not really working, alone. I have social phobias and generalize anxiety and to top it off I'm introvert so it takes me time to get close to people.

I don't think that makes you a failure at all though. Everyone struggles and just because your 30 doesn't mean anything bad. People can feel like that at any age. If someone tells you that, I think it's because they feel like they are a failure and putting that back on you...don't let them get to you. You are worth more than what job you have and where you live. Find things that you enjoy and do it often.

Im 41 in massive debt over my head. Great family but the lack of a good career and constant stress has me feeling like you. Especially around others I wonder what they know about life that I dont. Many times I wish Id have died before others became dependent on me. It sucks man. Dont really have any advice because Im a disaster but the "tired of life" quote hit home with me. Im tired of it too. Best of luck...

youRprecious!

Antiquities Friend
Sometimes our suffering, although we would all rather be without it, can become an opportunity for greater things (more positive things) because it can be the fuel we need to search for some answers as to the real reasons we are hurting so much. I can look back now at mine, and know this is how it was for me, but I couldn't see it at the time when I was confused, ashamed and failing at understanding life. However, now I can see it as the invitation that it was, it helps........although I'd rather it not have happened at all....... I read a good quote today from Pope Francis which I think sums it up better:
On Football as a Metaphor for Life
It's like in football: you have to deal with the penalties where they fall; you can't choose where they're going to land. Life is like that, and you have to deal with it even if you don't like it.

While that is a truism, it's not really that helpful if you feel you've not got the resources to cope with "the penalties". And that's where the tiredness-with-life thoughts can start to take over. But really want to bring some hope to this equation that it's not all weighted on the side of losing, and there are always things that can change our thinking when we begin to see a faint glimmer of light at the end of the dark tunnel. Inbox is always open for PMs - I do have contact details of a wonderful counsellor who helped to put my life back on track, making that light grow bigger and brighter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00