tired of living a lie

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mikey -g-, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikey -g-

mikey -g- Well-Known Member

i constantly feel depressed and having suicidal thoughts. but i have to hide this from my family, i have to keep putting a smile on my face and pretending im ok when im not at all. i hate doing it but i cant let them know whats wrong with me. the life i live is just one big lie.

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi there. I know just where you are coming from. It is such hard work wearing the daily mask to hide our true feelings from others. What I have found is that here at the forum I can drop that mask and that has been a great help. Talking to people here about how I really feel has made things easier to cope with. It hasn't solved the problems I have but it has made life more bearable. Best wishes. S.

3. ghazi

ghazi Well-Known Member

I've been there. I can tell you that the best decision i've made in my life was to tell my family what was going on. I was so scared, and didn't want to do it, but I finally did. Immediately, i felt better. I still had a long way to go, but life has been better ever since that act.

If you want to talk 1 on 1, check my info...im most reachable by im if you need me.....

4. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

I worn the mask so many times I don't even know who the real me is anymore. I told my parents long ago and they shut me up about it refusing to hear it, so thats out of the question. I talked to my current gf about it, but I don't think she understands me too well and I feel insecure about telling my problems to her to begin with since she gets other people's problems in her life. I talked to a therapist about it and thinks I should be locked up and medicated before I come see him. So all I do is write it out on paper and then ball it up and toss it in a fire. Then I sleep for awhile.

5. ghazi

ghazi Well-Known Member

try telling your parents again. You are older now, they might take you more seriously. if they don't, then you have other options

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.