tired of living a lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey -g-

i constantly feel depressed and having suicidal thoughts. but i have to hide this from my family, i have to keep putting a smile on my face and pretending im ok when im not at all. i hate doing it but i cant let them know whats wrong with me. the life i live is just one big lie.

snowraven

Hi there. I know just where you are coming from. It is such hard work wearing the daily mask to hide our true feelings from others. What I have found is that here at the forum I can drop that mask and that has been a great help. Talking to people here about how I really feel has made things easier to cope with. It hasn't solved the problems I have but it has made life more bearable. Best wishes. S.

ghazi

I've been there. I can tell you that the best decision i've made in my life was to tell my family what was going on. I was so scared, and didn't want to do it, but I finally did. Immediately, i felt better. I still had a long way to go, but life has been better ever since that act.

If you want to talk 1 on 1, check my info...im most reachable by im if you need me.....

Vangelis

I worn the mask so many times I don't even know who the real me is anymore. I told my parents long ago and they shut me up about it refusing to hear it, so thats out of the question. I talked to my current gf about it, but I don't think she understands me too well and I feel insecure about telling my problems to her to begin with since she gets other people's problems in her life. I talked to a therapist about it and thinks I should be locked up and medicated before I come see him. So all I do is write it out on paper and then ball it up and toss it in a fire. Then I sleep for awhile.

ghazi

try telling your parents again. You are older now, they might take you more seriously. if they don't, then you have other options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00