Tired of Social Anxiety

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hysteric, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hysteric

Hysteric Member

Everywhere I go, it's at the front of my mind. It's everything about me now, and I can't even leave the house without wanting to retreat back into my shell and cry. It's destroying my chance of a future and happiness. I have lost the chance to form friendships which I know could be so dear to me. I'm almost at a total loss every single day and I feel like I'm only one bad experience away from making a really bad decision.

I feel so bad about myself every time I look in the mirror I feel sick. The thought of leaving the house and having people look at me makes me feel awful.

Not looking for pity. Maybe just a friendly ear, or someone who is going through the same thing. :sad:

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read this.
  2. BruceWayneWannabe

BruceWayneWannabe Active Member

I hate it too, Hyesteric. I'm pretty much lost thanks in part to it, and it makes me envious all the time. Sorry you're going through this. Have you tried therapy? Welcome to the forum, by the way.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi there, and welcome! :)

I know what it's like... such a source of misery, isn't it? :[ I'm torn about how to describe it. Well... For the sake of your health, I think it is essential that you continue reaching out. If you haven't already, maybe you can consider confiding in those - including professionals - who can guide you as you gain more and more valuable experience in learning to deal with these crippling demons...

Again, I understand how big the barrier in your way is and wish you weren't going through so much. You were right on target when you mentioned how the anxiety is keeping you on edge and depriving you of so much. I think a lot of us can relate to how bad it can get. Anyways, I would be happy to hear from you again. Take care. ((Hugs))

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  4. joshtillb

joshtillb Member

5. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I would definitly reccommend socialanxietysupport.com (same site as posted above). It's full of people who have the same problems as you, and people who have been able to overcome it.

I have Social Anxiety too, and I hate it.
  6. RumoursOfMyDemise

RumoursOfMyDemise Well-Known Member

Social Anxiety is indeed a curse. I can completely relate to everything you've written, especially the part about it being everything about you/ defining you.. :( Feel free to PM me about it. I'd also recommend socialanxietysupport.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.