tired of the harassment

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sadguy33, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

Today I went to the store to by a lighter and the person asked to see my I.D. the thing is I hate my hair and always wear a hat and the person on purpose said take off your hat I don't believe thats you. I said that its against the law to ask for that request. I'm just worried what if I'm with a girl and that happens or something that is going to suck. Its like its obvious I'm over 21 but because I'm different I'm still harassed. I hate that people have to judge me and next time I might snap on them.

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Sorry sadguy33 that sounds like a bad experience. But a woman who cares will share it with you, make it less of an issue, not more.
    People judge each other all the time, it's an unfortunate fact of life.

3. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

sadguy33, you are taking this way too seriously. No girl will think less of you if you are asked by the store personnel to take off your hat.

4. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

The situation is worse then you think. If they ask me in front of a girl and I tell them the whole "its illegal" thing or say no then they are going to ask me why and talk about it embarassing me in front of a girl. I just don't know what to do because I've never been in this situation before but it could happen at anytime what if I'm on a date and the girl wants to get drinks and that happens it could ruin my whole date. I wonder sometimes if I'm just too different to be in this world.

5. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

If they ask you to take off your hat, you take off your hat. Problem solved. You are making it to be much more complicated than it needs to be. No need to drag in "It's illegal" or say no.

6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Instead of thinking of it as 'harassment' why do you not think of it as a compliment, that someone actually thinks you are younger than you really are? I would kill to be able to have someone ask for my identification again. And if you are with a girl... sorry, but I do not see why you are so worried about what other people think of you in that situation. In the event it ever does happen,, then shrug it off (like you should do now). It is not as though someone asking for identification over something like a lighter is very life-shattering.

7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Actually, carding someone when in doubt is required by law in many places. I am over 50 and I have been carded before (recently) when buying alcohol. Some places, in fact, card everyone regardless of their age, just as standard protocol. I would not consider it to be harassment in any way. As far as what other people think, the only person that is important is yourself. What do you think? Don't worry about other people as there is no way of knowing their thoughts, their motives, or their own situations which might make them appear possibly to be less favorable.

8. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

Taking off my hat is worse then saying no and they don't have any right to ask me to do that. Did you not get the part I realllllllllllllllly HATE my hair. Don't worry though I thought of the best thing to say to someone when they ask that. If they say can you take off your hat I'll say " no but I can't take off my pants so you can s88k my ****"!!!!!!!! I think that would be the best comeback at someone trying to hate on me. Do you not get the fact that I'm not normal I don't have great hair like other people so taking off a hat to others isn't a big deal but it is for me and I'd rather go to a different store then have someone disrespect me.

9. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

I don't mind being carded its asking me to take off my hat that is the problem. They are trying to embarass me because of my crappy hair that they can see on the ID.

10. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

This is why I isolate myself from the world and why I want to kill myself because I'm different from everyone. Everyone is talking like it isn't a big deal and it isn't a big deal to them because they aren't different like me. Its not like I'm some crazy hat lover there is a reason why I would be pissed and embarassed if someone asked me to take off my hat. This will happen in front of a girl someday and I already struggle in that department I don't need anymore BS but it will happend. I should just give up while I still can why should I live just to endure people that hate on the way I look and people that think that I should be hated on and just go with it. I'm one of a kind person in a bad way I have many different curses and people just like to bring them up. I realise now more then ever how different I am and how that will never change maybe I won't be different in the next life.

11. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Sorry, but how is being asked to take off your hat a bad thing? You are making all of this to be more complicated than what it is. Relax, will you? It is not as if they are asking you to strip naked. So what if you are 'not' normal and do not have perfect hair like other people. Neither do I. But if I cared at all about what other people thought of my appearance, then I would never get anything done. If you "reallllllllllly" hate your hair, then change your hair style. Dye it. Shave it all off. Problem solved.
    You are blowing this all out of proportion. It is not someone trying to 'hate on you' and honestly need to step back and, dare I quote iCarly - 'chillax.'

12. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

You are most most definitely overreacting with this.
    It wasn't like you were told to strip naked or something just asked if you could remove your hat which isn't really that big of a deal.

13. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

see you guys will never understand and i'll always be different!!!!!!!! I would rather strip naked!!!!!!!! I hate my hair!!!!!!!!! He did it on purpose!!!!!!!!!!!! What part do you no understand??????? Why are you even here if you are just going to poo poo people's problems. Don't respond to my threads again or i'll will report you for harassment you obviously are perfect and you look down on my problems so get lost

14. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Well no, we probably never will understand, because for the majority of us all who have read and posted, there is no real problem. Perhaps if you try not to indulge in your insecurities and try following some of the advice that people have passed on to you, you will also find that all of this is no real issue.
    We are here because we wished to help you but you constantly flat out refuse any of the advice that we tell you, so unless you are willing to listen and accept some advice, then there is little any of us can do for you.

15. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

How bout I not take off my hat problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just going to be a dick to everyone no one cares what makes me pissed so why should I care about others. He obviously is trying to hate on me because he saw my hair IN MY ID. YOU GET IT HE SAW THE ID AND THEN ASKED ME TO TAKE OFF MY HAT. HE WAS TRYING TO INSULT ME. YOU GUYS ARE RUDE ACTING LIKE MY PROBLEMS AREN'T A BIG DEAL BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE ARE NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well what if I said rape wasn't that big of a deal because I would be happy for girls to rape me. Just because I don't have a problem with rape doesn't mean I ignore other people that deal with those problems. So you guys ignoring mine is just rude and I will kill myself because not even a suicide forum cares or understands.

16. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

what advice people telling me my problem is stupid I have never treated anyone and their stupid problems with such disrespect. what am I refusing you guys aren't even willing to talk about it you guys just poo poo this. I hope you have a problem on here so I can show you the same disrespect you've shown me. The guy asked for my ID on purpose to try and embarass me and you guys dont' care. I don't care thanks for helping me kill myself!!!!!!

17. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

ITS NOT AN ISSUE WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE GOOD HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like everyone else you judge me I don't even feel human I should just kill myself.

18. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

I just found out you are a girl so you have no idea what I'm talking about you will never understand my hair problems and stuff so why don't you take your superior act where it belongs and off my post.

19. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Why on earth would he do it on purpose?

Hell as a bouncer there were several occasions were I asked someone to take off their hat when they showed me a dodgy looking ID.

20. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

lol that is what I'm talking about what if a boncer does that and I'm with a girl at a club. You don't get how much I hate my hair I would rather leave the club saying the discriminated agaisnt me then take off my hat. bouncers discriminate agaisnt those that don't have good hair. That is why I don't even go out anymore what is the point when everyone is trying to discriminate against me. If I took off my hat all the girls would see what my hair looked like and i wouldn't be able to dance with any of them. I wonder if because of what your saying society just has rules that is supposed to single me out and and get me to kill myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.