Tired of the lies

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sadeyes, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I usually do not post anything contrary, but today I have such combat fatigue that I need to express this...when one lies about his/her situation which includes attempting, being raped, dying, the death of a loved one, it is stealing from well meaning ppl who are here to support others with unconditional regard...today two such situations have arisen and it has exhausted me...I try within each interaction (and yes, even interactions where a member confronts/attempts to insult me because I am staff) to find compassion...I am having problems finding this for the two ppl who were found to have built an entire world evoking the compassion of others on lies...it does not matter who this is...it is just wrong...I feel violated by someone taking my time, energy and compassion full well knowing NOTHING s/he said was the truth...sorry, but I am tired...wishing everyone better times and please contact me if you would like to discuss more effective ways to gain support...J

"“I don't know if I continue, even today, always liking myself. But what I learned to do many years ago was to forgive myself. It is very important for every human being to forgive herself or himself because if you live, you will make mistakes- it is inevitable." Maya Angelou quotes (American Poet, b.1928)

I am working on forgiveness today...J
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
  2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

It's hard. I do agree. There are some times where it's easier not to care. But like you, I actually read the welcomes as something else, just to protect myself from any harm.
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I hear you. I really do. :hug: Make sure you go and give yourself some big TLC.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Lightbeam...not caring is not an option for me...it is not in my make-up, which is why I am vunerable...Scrum, as always, thanks for caring...J
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Ahhh... I see. I'm sorry if that came off as offensive.
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Not at all; in fact good counsel were I not so committed to showing compassion and having self compassion...one of my few rules...thank you for your insight...J
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is hard not to feel for everyone I think the ones who are faking their illness are in need of some kind of support as well they are needing attention not being got in their real life. It does hurt though the worry the pain I understand and hope you can distant yourself somehow so you are not pulled under with it.
    take care. I have learned the hard way to distant myself now
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I wrote this so I would not...now, I feel very sad for ppl who must create such horrors to get what they need...J
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I know all too well where you are coming from Jackie, and it is so difficult to vest oneself in another so completely to find they have done nothing other than toy with your emotions and play with your mind. It leaves you both mentally and physically exhausted. The question then becomes how does one take care of themselves and still be able to share the same level of compassion and support that they are compelled from within to give. I wish you to know that I am thankful for the person you are and the insight you have and so readily share. It saddens me to know people take advantage of others in this way.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
  10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thanks C...I give it to them freely, but yes, like yourself, we pay a price in a situation like this...but to be honest, I would not have it any other way...big hugs and fond thoughts, J
  11. Robin

Robin Guest

I know on many occasions (and I do not use the term many lightly) you have provided hours at a time over days, weeks and months of support to those who, after much time has passed has been found they have been less than honest. And I know how much you are having difficulties right now and I am sorry this has happened to you again. You always make time out of your busy schedule to come to check on the baby ( :) ) and often refuse to leave if there is someone in dire need and I know on many occasions you have left in the middle of important meetings and gone without sleep just to provide support for the needy.

Just wanted to say thanks for everything you've done in the past and everything you will continue to do in the future and I know how hard it is to be kind to yourself when there is so much in life that is rubbing you up the wrong way all the time, it's something I strive to do too but it helps to have the friends we do to fall back on :)

*huggles*:) x
  12. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Just wanted to say, as one of those that you have stopped and tried to help many times along my journey here, hun you are so apperciated by many others besides myself. The work is tiring , the hours relentless and long and the pay is the absolute worse (lol). But it takes a very special kind of individual to do what you do. Thank you J!!!!
  13. 41021

41021 Banned Member

***hugs*** sadeyes :hug: for you
    you have a good heart, i hope it will feel better. I'm sorry to hear what you have been going through. I know how difficult that can be. :console: