Tired of the same thing

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by RavenJackson, May 5, 2011.

1. RavenJackson

RavenJackson Member

It just seems like life is following an old, repeatitive pattern of emptiness. Nothing changes, nothing moves forward. It's like I'm stuck in limbo. Nothing feels real. Is it always going to be like this for the rest of my life? This hopelessness that nothing will ever change in my life, that I'll always be stuck, is slowly tearing me apart.
  2. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

Life can be like this sometimes.
    It won't always be this way for you.
    Even freak variables cannot keep you from passing through this state.
    You will...just give it some time. :)
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Do you get out much?? Meet people?? By meeting new people it will help with your self esteem.. It sounds like that might be an issue for you...(just my opinion).. Do you have anyone special in your life?? Maybe you can open up and talk to them.. In the meanwhile keep posting here and let us help..
  4. RavenJackson

RavenJackson Member

Thanks guys. It's nice to know other people out there can understand and care.
  5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel and it's something i frequently struggle with. But i know that i have to make things happen. If i sit here and just complain about it my situation isn't going to change. You have to actively try and make a difference.
  6. RavenJackson

RavenJackson Member

@Domo: You're right. I should do something about it but I'm scared that if i do, things will only become worse and I'll be disappointed. I guess I'll only know once I try.
  7. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Yep, it's is scary, but not as scary as being stuck in the situation you are in and letting it rule your life.

A friend and a therapist have both recommended to me to start an activity, somewhere like a local community event. Maybe painting, or writing, a cooking class etc. That way you will meet some new people and might find something you enjoy at the same time. It's just somehwere to start.
  8. RavenJackson

RavenJackson Member

:smile: Thanks for the advice.