Tired of this

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kiggy, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

Hi I don't know how I can keep going on like this. Everyday is a struggle. I tell this to my pdoc and evrytime he offers a change to my meds. Yesterday he offered to take me off of everything or send me for ECT. It has been nearly a year of fighting and I don't know how I can do it anymore. I'm having horrible side efffects from my meds nausea being one of them. My hair is falling out in clumps and the Dr doesn't give a shit. I'm on Medicaid so my choice of Drs is very slim. I was once a fun loving person now I isolate myself in my house because I don't want to deal with people. I barely see my friends and only see my immediate family. They know the pain I am going through but are also fed up with my breakdowns. How do I carry on like this? It is springtime usually my favorite timeof year yet I dont even feel like going out.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi kiggy, I can relate to much of what you said. Today I spent the day with my friend, that friend who struggles like I do and it made me feel better that someone knows what this feels like to live with everyday so my suggestion to you would be to join a group therapy session or open up to someone who you know will be there for you.

If I had the power to take away your pain I would. You seem like a lovely person, I hope things get better :hug:

3. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

Thank you Petal I actually may go for a walk with a man I met in the hospital who also suffers like I do. He texts me frequently to check in with me. I find it discouraging that with all the meds out there he is still suffering as well.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That is a great idea and I hope you go for it. The problem with medications is, it can take a long time to find the suitable ones for you. Literally, years. It can be daunting, draining and a major pain in the behind but keep following the doctors instructions and you can get there. Took me 7 years to find a perfect combo of medications, my depression is gone. I was once so suicidal I ended up in a coma, these days I am scared of death and love life :) (mostly :p )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.