tired of trying

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Castiel55, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Castiel55

Castiel55 Banned Member

other than coming here i try to branch out to try and meet other people. it seems that on other websites i cant connect with them. i try to be nice and tell my story, but i guess its not good enough... i dont know why i bother... this is why i want to finally find peace through suicide, because nothing i do works. i always fail and people reject me at every turn...

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm here and willing to talk to you... i do understand the not ''connecting with people'' part, do you have a therapist who has give you homework for your specific situation? That might be a good answer to this.

3. Castiel55

Castiel55 Banned Member

i havent told her about it, i still have to tell her how depressed i am and how i have been hiding it... how i think about suicide most of the time...

4. Petal

Tell her, I told my therapist today how I've been feeling very down over certain things and she really helped and her answer to this was healthy homework.
    Is there a reason you do not want to tell the therapist? Most people think they will be ''locked up'' for saying that but the truth is you most likely wouldn't be, if everyone was there wouldn't be enough mental hospitals. I can empathize with you.

5. Castiel55

Castiel55 Banned Member

yes im scared they will take me away...

6. Petal

Not likely to happen...unless you are an IMMINENT danger to yourself or others. IF you feel you can ride this through you can tell them you've been depressed and ask for suggestions/advice/feedback on what they can do to help.

I have been in the psych ward, it is not as bad as people imagine it to be. It's very boring and you can relate to a lot of the other patients, you get meals/meds, see the psych a few days a week,sometimes the beds are closed so people will sleep at night, it's basically just there to prevent you doing harm to yourself. It's really not that bad, maybe it could even help you?

7. Castiel55

Castiel55 Banned Member

i dunno, because im on ssi if im incarcerated too long they can take my money away... another reason why im scared...

8. Petal

Oh I'm sorry I have no iota how that works :(

9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Its hospital not jail. Difference between those two for ssi

10. ScarlettHurts1990

ScarlettHurts1990 Active Member

As an almost-counselor, I can tell you that the only way they can legally hospitalize you is if you claim that you are definitely going to harm yourself and you have a plan to do it. If you say that you have suicidal thoughts but no plan, means, or intent, they can do nothing about it and if they do, they are breaking the law. So sorry you're going through this!

11. AmeliaS.

AmeliaS. Member

The hospital seems like a daunting horror asylum, but it's usually full of people just like you and staff who want to help, even if they aren't always able to do so. I don't know exactly what you're going through, but I know that a lot of people do. Just make sure you look at all of your options. Let me know if you need a chat.