Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Nikkibut, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikkibut

Nikkibut New Member

I am so tired of life. I have had 2 years of physical injury wich has led to a big depression for the last year. I'v just got well and started going to school. I'v been in a relationship for over 3 years now. My girlfriend has found out that she does not have the right feelings for me anymore. I just got back on the horse and then she comes home and tells me she's unshure and not certain that I am the right one. This came as a shock to me. A big blow. I have a very low confidence and this just made it worse. I know that she is the right one for me and can't see a life without her. She told me she had been thinking about another guy. This even made it worse. I just don't see any reason for me to keep on living. I have so many worries and things in life, I just don't have any energy left to keep on going. I know that if I end it I will hurt very many people but for once in my life I want to think about myself. Why should I even think about trying to live without her. I'v just had so many downs in my life generally, always had a low confidence. I can't see any light in the end of the tunnel, I don't have the energy to cope with another crisis and I know that if this relationship ends I am not ready for it. And this is just not a thing I can push away, I have to go through it phsycologically.. I know people have much bigger problems than me but it all depends on the persons pshyci and mine is done for.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

So you got thrown from your horse? Well you have to get right back on to show who's boss. You are in a lot of pain right now. And I 'm sure you feel nobody has the answers for you. I know I don't. But your should think of yourself, that's right. Think about taking the rest of the day (or night) and just relax, do something different. Or even call a support line. I know it seems stupid, but sometimes just calling a perfect stranger at a crisis unit, gives you the few minutes to vent and help you sort things out. You made the 1sdt step by coming here. The next step might seem a little harder, but after you do it, you will feel some relief like you did from posting here. Try giving the crisis line in your area a call. You are someone special at least to me.
  3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

hi and welcome to sf.
    i hear and feel your pain my friend, not much difference between us so you are not alone, you will never be alone while you are here.

its been 2 months now since i lost everything i love and yet i am still here, everyday i have to fight my demons just to survive and its hard.

yes i too want to leave this world, so tired, anxious, depressed, so much pain its overwhelming at times and i want to do it for myself yet one day at a time i have struggled to see the next day.

it will be hard and tough for you and at times you will want to give up, in those times come here and we will here to help if you have no one else to talk to.

if you have some1 to trust with your problems then ask them for help, or maybe to to a crisis line as itmahanh suggested, if you can express yourself to some1 you may find it helps, it does me.

one day at a time my friend, best to walk before you run with this.
    take care and stay safe.
  4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Break up with her NOW. Hear me out...

She has told you about her feelings. You need to act.

You can:

A.) Kiss her ass and hope that her feelings "change" or clarify(hopefully in your favor, but maybe not). You will end up looking like a pussy and even if she DOES stay with you (and she will most likely cheat if she does), she will always know that she can manipulate you and your emotions.

B.) Say "I love you but I can't be with you if you aren't sure about us, so decide". This will lead her to examine her emotions and make a decision once and for all.

I recommend option "B".

Yes or No, if she leaves, she would have left anyway eventually and you are still young enough to have a great life with someone else, and if she stays, you have established yourself as strong and self-assured enough not to be a doormat and not to settle for less than you deserve.
  5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

well said Ana, they are wise words.

i will think on that as it applies to me also in some ways.

be safe nikki
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.