tired...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Giddy Ian, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giddy Ian

Giddy Ian Member

I seriously have nothing to live for, I live with my parents and just play video games all day and way into the night. I always wake up tired and feel tired the whole day. It's getting to a point where it's hard to even stand up and walk around without wanting to sit back down or even lay down in some instances.

I don't have any friends because I'm extremely shy and I stutter when I talk and don't like being around people very much. My parents just work all day and my little sister just ignores me.

I'm constantly stressed, depressed, and weak. If I'm not on the computer I get very depressed.

I wanna kill myself but my parents brought me up christian even though I'm not and I don't wanna go to hell if it's real.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Giddy Ian,
    Have you talked to your parents about your thoughts? You need to take that first step and tell them you need to see a therapist!! There are so many things out there that you are letting slip right by you. Hell I have been to five different countrys, and have hitchhiked across the USA. All of this before I was nineteen. I am not suggesting you do that. It's not safe now adays to try it.
    You need to decide what you want out of life? Then go for it. You know your parents aren't going to be there forever. You are still at the age where you need to learn things. Go back to school and take computers. It sounds like you already have a start with them. Give it a go!!!:chopper:!!!

3. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Ian. I've spent most of my life being a minister, but ended up a couple of years ago feeling like you - wanting to kill myself - and I made several attempts. I know what you mean about not wanting to go to hell. It's a pretty strong motivator to keep going.

I would think you could tell your parent how tired and stressed and depressed you are, and that you want to set up an appointment with your family doctor. Whether you tell them about wanting to die or not is up to you. It might be easier to tell your doctor about your feelings about your life and yourself.

You don't have to keep all that stuff inside. There are good people who can help you.

Jim

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I spend a lot of time playing video games too.

Like middleofnowhere said, you don't have to keep it all inside. That is probably why you are so tired. Keeping it inside and holding on to problems can be very tiring. It's like a full-time job.
    Once you start to work through things, maybe try and reach out and make a friend or something, you'll probably start to feel less tired.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree that you need to speak to your parents about your depression. Your lack of sleep can contribute to your suicidal thoughts. Your lack of energy can be due to your lack of physical activity. Maybe try cutting back on the time you allow yourself to play. It is easy to get so caught up in things that you sacrifice important things without even realizing it. Make a conscious effort to make subtle changes in your life. One step at a time. If your stutter bothers you, perhaps see a speech pathologist. That would eliminate one issue. Then focus on the next. With each feeling of success, it will become easier to live. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.