Titles are overated

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by imageless, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imageless

imageless Member

Firstly I have no friends...yep that’s right...none! *highfive* (please note that if you do indeed high five me you enter a legally binding contract where you have to be my friend, hooray! :p). Thus I am lonely most of the time with nobody to speak to...about anything really. I’ve tried joining clubs and other social activities but all to no avail.

Secondly I have a certain health issue which is difficult to deal with, nothing serious but it’s become a real source of frustration over the last few years.

Thirdly I have spent the last two and a half years of my life stuck on a pointless university course where the teachers are poor and the workload is heavy. The university course is two days a week and the remaining three are spent on a part time job leaving only weekends to complete essays. In the first two years I achieved 70% but these two years do not count towards the third. My hard work is being slowly undone as my latest essay results have been less than satisfactory and I’m getting extremely frustrated at the university system...the entire three years will have been for nothing.

The post has been rather gentle so far so unfortunately I have to bring you to the sucky bit (sorry). Recently I have been contemplating suicide...a lot. I know how I’d do it and it and I can’t stop thinking about it. Why have I not acted? Firstly because I hold on to the hope that life will improve (ironically it’s been slowly deteriorating each day) and secondly I am scared.

If you have made it this far....many thanks for reading, it’s been quite nice to actually tell others how I feel.
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Have you thought about getting a tutor..You haven't wasted the last three years.. You have just become stagnate..Get out and have some fun..I know how it is not to have real life friends..Outside of the forum I have two friends who keep up with me thru emails.. Then I have a couple of friends that email me when they can.. We are all in this together...Don't be afraid to vent here..
  3. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

I could use some friends to, Im 33 married, 2 kids, work part time, and have a house to maintain. With all that there is no time for meeting much less going out with friends. Life is so stressful and full of BS. Believe me your not wasting your time, your buiding your life, your career. Be proud of yourself, thats hard work

So your busy just like everyone else, its time to say wait a damn minute, I need to go do _____________.

Answer ^
  4. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

High five!
    My experience of working with students makese believe that it's better to talk to a tutor or pastoral support about what is happening. Tackling it sooner rather than later can get you back on track.
  5. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Should read 'makes me believe'!
  6. Oloriel

Oloriel Well-Known Member

*high five!* :D

...I am ashamed to say that I wasn't sure what reassuring things I would say to you when I began this reply. I just wanted to be your friend. I'm lonely a lot too, and it's hard. I can understand that frustration.

Please, PM me at any time! I'd be happy to listen, and to help as much as I can. After all, what are contractually-obligated friends for? :hug:
  7. nobody man

nobody man Well-Known Member

*High Five*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.