Tits on a Bull!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by itmahanh, Oct 11, 2010.

1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

In Canada the police have the right to "arrest" you under the mental health act. It is their responsibility if they deem a person to be a harm to themselves or others that they take you to hospital for a assessment.

Big fat f*ckin hairy deal!!!!! They may as well show up, give you a bottle of booze get you drunk and disorderly, arrest you and take you to the police station! Atleast there they "help" you until you sober up and are thinking straight again.

Being aressted under the mental health act, the police drag you out of your home, or where ever you may be when they receive a call that you are not "right", into a cruiser and to the nearest hospital, and sit with you for the several hours before you even see a nurse or doc, and that's it.

By the time someone sees you, all you want to do is get home. Even if you arrived still feeling very suicidal but have also given some thought to trying to find safety from yourself and your thoughts and urges. You still just want to go home because you know nothing concrete is going to come out of the next several hours.

I know too well what this is all about. I've had the same police take me to the same hospital and seen the same doc. Sometimes only weeks apart. I KNOW when I'm suicidal it's not me thinking or acting. It's the depression and urges and the sheer overwhelmingness of everything that is or for that matter isnt happening in my life. And repeatedly playing the revolving door game only adds to my conviction that I'm really not worth the effort. Cant anyone of these professionals see the f*cking obviously and totally devastated person sitting there in front of them? Or when I'm sitting there am I just another chart and bed that is going to have to be taken care of. And damn, the good doc was hoping to catch a few hours of the hockey game during his shift tonight. Let's see, she's sitting here in a hospital, with police officers "guarding" her from herself, and I'm here in her face too. Nope, if she was going to do anything I'm sure she would of by now. Hi.. I'm Dr. so and so, you seem calm to me, go home and if you still feel like killing yourself, call your gp in the morning. Bye.

But doc, I need help. I know I do. Because as soon as I get home, I'll be replanning and recalculating and more likely than not, seeing you again real soon. If not you, then the ER doc as they try to revive me and fix what you and your law seem to miss everytime.

If I give even a hint of my intentions to the police I have no other alternative but to be taken away and go through the same old completely unproductive, waste of everyones time routine. Mental health act... WTF!!!! My 90 year old grandma without her dentures in has more bite than that law does. Who do they think they are kidding? Obviously the sane and stable people out there. Us suicidal and crazy people...... all we see when they enforce the mental health act is TITS ON A BULL!!!!!!!!!!!! Completely useless!!!!!!!

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

EXACTLY told the dam doctors at my hospital the same dam thing. MH act is a fffffff joke that is what it is and noone gives a dam if your suicidal or not
    I am sorry they treated you like this the police get so frustrated as they see the people need help and also see the hospital system fail as they release the sick and keep the stable ones If you are a harm to self or to others you are to be hospitalized yeh right it doesn't happen ibegged and pleaded for them to keep her safe and they released her again and again as my bro he didn't make it so the pressure comes to the family to keep therir love safe and in doing so another one falls ill to burn out to depression the another and another all because fffff doctors won't do there job

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Violet, I'm so sorry for your frustration. I know how I feel and I'm not looking for help. But have to play the game and still end up exactly back where I was with hours of time wasted. You are desperately looking and hoping for the system to do it's job, not for you but someone that is so dear and important to you. I'm truly sorry that it keeps failing you and your daughter.

And I dont know how we can make it any better for those that really want the help. The politicians would never receive the same shit poor level of health care as the rest of the tax paying citizens do. The authorities would never think of biting the hand that feeds them. But yet if just once, some uppitty PM or MLA or even a city mayor had to be drawn through the mental health act procedure, maybe they'd be embarrassed enough to make some changes to the law and the hospitals and the professionals that are supposed to be helping.

Sorry but it's going to take a Hell of a lot more than a walk to raise funds by the very people that need those funds. Or declaring mental health day or week once a year. Nope not even close. Damn it where do they keep finding these freak of nature bulls!!!!!!

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOur right if one just one had to walk in your shoes christ there would be such an uproar on the news everywhere how bad the system was. If one of their loved ones was neglected and not cared for they would make dam sure the system was changed. I don't know what else to do but to keep fighting the dam system to keep screaming and yelling and begging yes that too
    Maybe printing the dam mental health act out and having it inserted into the er rooms the crisis rooms everywhere to remind these asses what it says and means
    You keep fighting okay you make these goddam useless -----------listen and see
    I pray somehow the system the people in it at least that are failing it are removed and replace by someone that has been in our shoes that truly does get it and helps. A miracle yes i guess that is what i am praying for compassion insight care in a system that throws people away again and again that are so ill so very ill and they get away with it god i don't understand i just don't understand
    it only takes one person to truly listen and care to heal someone i saw that with my twin After years of neglect one doctor took her in and healed her so much I pray you find that one special person Itmahanh i do because you deserve peace and healing you are special to so many here