To All....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by BeenThere, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeenThere

BeenThere Guest

I don't suffer from depression at the moment and im not suicidal......but I was.I suffer from OCD,Anxiety,and mild depression (used to be severe).I am 29 years old and have suffered with this for near 12 years.Im mostly recovered from anxiety and depression but with being through this experience I have decided to become a counselor (im still going to school so its not official yet!) but I would like to help those that need it.I don't want to take the spotlight etc just offer some unique advice.I realize I am new here and appreciate any and all input :)

2. silence1one

silence1one Member

Welcome and congratulation for choosing to become a counselor.I am sure you are able to contribute positively to a lot of people here including me.I think I suffer from anxiety due to the situation I am in,not knowing whether staying or leaving.But.....life have to goes on,try to put on a brave face all the time.

3. BeenThere

BeenThere Guest

Thank you :) but let me say this....life does go on no matter how bleak it may look.When we are in a place as one sided as depression life looks hopeless but it isnt.We can be sad,we can have those "what if i died" thoughts,it is a part of human nature to be curious.But to dwell there is folly.I want to help you all realize the great things life has to offer.It just may take some time to see it :cool:

4. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hi BeenThere and :welcome: to the forum,

I'm glad to hear that your depression has lifted and that things are looking up for you. That is great news and it's good to hear that it is possible.. it gives people hope :)

I'm 28 years old and I, too, am training to become a counsellor/psychologist. I'm now on the Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills and have started a degree in Psychology. I'm not sure which route I'll definitely take as yet, i.e. become a counsellor, psychologist, etc. but it'll definitely be in that 'helping' direction.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum, and remember we're here for you too should you need to talk about anything

:flowers:
    Jenny x

5. BeenThere

BeenThere Guest

Thanks Jenny thats great to hear! Psycology/phsychiatry/counseling are one of those professions that the world needs more of i think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.