To ask or not to ask

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by darkplace, Jul 28, 2009.

Should i ask if he recieved my message?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
  2. No

12 vote(s)
  1. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

So i broke up with someone 3 weeks ago. I sent him a message saying im sorry, i love him still. I messed up. He hasn't replied or spoken to me since it happened. Ive seen him around but .. nothing. Should i just ask if he got the message i sent him or just leave it alone? I just really need to know if he got it :( The slience is huritng more than an answer he hasnt given yet.

Your opinions would be great thanks.
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

It might be a good idea to just ask him. If you think it will help you no matter the answer. and maybe he is still trying to get over the breakup and might need time to think.
  3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Personally I think it's a better idea to just leave it but you know the situation best so do what feels right. :hug:
  4. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I read somewhere that it's never a good idea to say "didn't you get my message, or why didn't you reply?" it comes across as needy. It suggested just trying to make conversation another way and pretending the missed message never existed... if he ignores you again i think that's the answer, if he gets pissy and says, didn't you get the idea by me not replying then just act nonchalant and ask him why he's getting so angry about it?
  5. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

dont ask. serious. unless u meet up again out of know where and are talking for whatever reason you might bring it up real quick but be cool about it. i say try talking to them but dont say anything about the letter. U wanna come off sincere and mmm.. caring??? but not desperate aand needy. I think???? :blink:
  6. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Send him another message saying that you love him but can take a hint and hope he has a good life. If he got your message he'll understand and might say something back, if he didn't he'll ask what in the world you're talking about. The chances of him missing both messages are pretty remote. If he replies, if he doesn't reply, either way you'll have your answer as to how he feels about you and can move in some direction. But like most people said, don't send him a message asking if he got the first one, it sounds needy.