To be or not to be (how original am I?)

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Renee1975, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renee1975

Renee1975 New Member

I guess I just need to talk to someone.
    I am 37. Never married- no children. I have nothing to show for my 37yrs.
    I have suffered from depression for several years.
    I am done with this life.
    I just can't do it anymore.
    I want so bad for peace- just peace....peace and quiet.
    It's the only solution for me.

I don't want to be talked out of suicide. I want to be convinced it will all be ok. I need a network of support maybe?
    I don't have much family to speak of- they all have their own concerns.

I worry my job or position will soon be eliminated.

I feel lost and lonely.
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hi Renee,

I am sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. Here at SF, we are strictly pro-life, so we do not encourage suicide at all. But what we do provide is a good network of support and an environment to reach out for support and talk about their problems.

I hope that you continue reaching out, and SF is the community you are looking for :hug:
  3. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Do you have any family or friends who can support you at this time? Have you thought about getting away to a (spiritual) retreat?
  4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I'm sorry you feel lost and lonely, you should stay talking to us and maybe we could make you feel at least a little less lonely while you work things out in your head. Feel free to message me anytime
  5. Count Floyd

Count Floyd Well-Known Member

Renee, your post could have been written by me, except I turn 50 today. I have nothing. I was told this Friday that there could be layoffs at my work which of course, is par for the course for me. With nothing else happening in my life, why should I have a job too. So remember, there are people who are even worse off than you. Try living this life at 50!

You're still young. If you're looking for support, you've got mine.
  6. Renee1975

Renee1975 New Member

Thank you guys. It's just so hard to wake up every single day. Even now, I just wish I could go to sleep and never wake up. I couldn't handle it if things were worse than they are now. I know I couldn't. I just keep trudging along, fighting every single day wishing, hoping that something will change and my life will suddenly be better.
  7. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I hope today you're feeling better. I know that feeling to fall asleep forever the need the want. But you're doing amazing fighting it each day that is so tiring in itself. Have you thought about what help you could get doctors etc?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.