To Everyone I Have Ever Harmed Or Not Helped

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ThornThatNeverHeals, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

Will you listen to my story?
    It'll just be a minute
    How can I explain?

What ever happened here
    Never meant to hurt you
    How could I cause you so much pain?

When I say I'm sorry
    Will you believe me?
    Listen to my story
    Say you wont leave me
    When I say I'm sorry
    Can you forgive me?
    When I say I'll always be there
    Will you believe
    Will you believe me?

All the words that I come up with
    They're like gasoline on flames
    There's no excuse
    No explaination
    Belive me
    If I could I'd undo what I did wrong
    I'd give away all that I own

When I say I'm sorry
    Will you believe me?
    Listen to my story
    Say you wont leave me
    When I say I'm sorry
    Can you forgive me?
    Will you believe
    Will you believe me?

If I told you
    I've been cleaning my soul
    And if I promised you
    I'll regain control
    Will you open your door
    And let me in?
    Take me for who I am
    And not for who I've been?

Who I've been...

When I say I'm sorry
    Will you believe me?
    Listen to my story
    Say you wont leave me
    When I say I'm sorry
    Can you forgive me?
    Will you believe?

When I say I'm sorry
    (When I say I'm sorry)
    When I say I'm sorry
    (When I say I'm sorry)
    When I say I'm sorry
    Can you forgive me?
    Will you believe?

2. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

Thorn,

One of the hard lesson to learn in this life, is that once people have lost trust in you, words are usually insufficient to regain it. It takes a lot of hard work, and every step of the way actions must match words, to mend what has been broken. That is if they are willing to give you a second chance. Sometimes, this is opportunity for a new beginning for the relationship which gets stronger by both the forgiveness granted and by truly making amend. This is one of the way how two people help each others to grow. We are all imperfect and in need of forgiveness at some point, but also we all need to learn our own boundaries and what amount of hurt we are willing to accept from those we love. Its a difficult balancing act from both side of the equation. I do hope for an happy ending for all involved. You are so young, whatever the outcome, at least forgive yourself no matter what. Wish you well hun

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Ya it is hard when we harm others because of our illness or our inability at times to react appropriately I do hope you can get some help to change your reaction a bit so skills to help you deal with your anger inside I do hope your friends will undersand if they are true friends they will come around

4. ThornThatNeverHeals

eclipse- i sometimes wonder if there is a such thing as true friends, or if im simply blind because of my inability to be a true friend...

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i have a very hard time trusting people but i have grown to know that there are people who are good friends people that truly care just sometimes i as well do not see that because i am blind with pain I think we doubt our ability to have friends because we do not feel worthy of that friendship so we sabotage it we do everything in our power to stop it. I have obtained a few friends on the forums only a few i trust now but yes there is true friendship we just have to trust and not be so fearful of it hun hugs to you

6. ThornThatNeverHeals

i cannot be removed of my fear, its all i have been raised in, i try to shed the skin they put on me, but it still sticks... how can i be a true friend if i can never let the person see me, who i really am, everything that i really feel, because the frustration of not being me is taken out, in the most horrible of ways....

7. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

love u thornbubbles , uve never harmed me nor not helped me ,

i like your poem , and i feel it for myself too i often feel that i cant ever be forgiven for the harm Ive caused.

i guess its a lesson we learn somehow that we stop doing the harmful things to begin with. not that its easy.

sorry i have no words of wisdom but just wanted u to know i :wub: u

:hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011