To leave a note or not?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cowburn, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowburn

Cowburn Well-Known Member

I've been thinking these last couple of days whether I should leave a note when I take my life. On one hand I was thinking I shouldn't bother as these people have ignored and left me alone so why should I give them any reasoning as to why I ended it. Yet on the other I think I deserve to show people that I'm not fully to blame for how It's worked out. By leaving a note I can get that point across.

I was wondering what people think about notes. Are they a good or bad thing?

2. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

on one hand you know i think your too young to give up on life matt but i will give my view on notes anyway.I've heard many times about the anguish of those left behind when they dont have a note and cant fathom their loved ones reasoning or state of mind before they left this world.Personally i will try to find the words to give comfort to those who will go on living to make sure they dont have any guilt and to reassure them that there was nothing they could have done to prevent it.I will ask only that they dont grieve too much,be happy for me that i found peace and then move on with their lives be happy and love one another.If however one has nothing but bad feeling for people it would probably be better not to bother with a note.

3. Cowburn

Cowburn Well-Known Member

I suppose you're right on the bad feelings part. I guess in a way I need to leave some form of letter behind stating I want a Humanist funeral and not a religious one. I shall only have the one request too, what music I want played :laugh: It's just making up my mind on how much I need to go into my feelings :ambivalence:

4. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

personally i feel like the shit that has made me who I am has been discussed to death, enough that theyll never forget it even if they dont really understand it and probably wont ever but if they do theyll remember

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.