to nan

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by crookxshanks, Mar 17, 2009.

1. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

to a dearest nan

you will forever be in my heart and ill always be thanking you for every feather that i ever see. a secret shared with me and emma that even beyond the grave you knew about as you sent a feather to fall between us both. when not even a bird was in sight.

its hard to know that i cant come and see you, to sit by your graveside, at the moment but believe me the family are doing all they can so that we can come and see you and poppa once more.

you were the most wonderful woman i have ever met. someone who i dont think it is ever possible to be replaced. someone who was always there with a brave smile when times were hard and a cup of tea that you were never allowed to get away from. made with real tea.. not teabags! endless stories and endless cups of teas along with endless laughs. a woman who never once showed her age or lack of fighting spirit.

tomorrow carol, nigel, emma, adam, mum and i will be sending you our best from those cups and saucers.

to a dearest nan, someone who will never be missed and forever in my heart
    18 march 1921 - 24 may 2008

miss you so much x
  2. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

:hug: hun, sorry for your loss, your nan sounded so special to you!
  3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

mand....this is so beautiful. your nan was an amazing woman - and i think you have much of her, inside yourself.

it's a lovely tribute, and a lovely gesture to use her special teacups and share in her memory on this day.

i'll be thinking of you all the while - hoping that you still feel your nan's protective love around you....she will be with you always.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry for your loss :hug:
  5. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Massive hugs babe.

I hope tomorrow is peaceful for all of you. You'll be in my thoughts.

love ya loads xx
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Mand,
    That was truly heartfelt.. I know how much your nan ment to you..I hope you know she will always be with you because you carry her in your heart.. I hope you keep the feathers as a reminder that she is looking over you!! You will be in my thoughts as you all gather to remember her!!
  7. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Sorry bout your nan Mand. Make sure you set a cup for her today cos I'm sure she'll be there :)
    Lea :hug: