To old for this

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by BarryS, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryS

BarryS New Member

I am over 50 and my spouse and I are going through hard things. Parents getting older, our marriage is getting older and we are having problems. I want to sink into the ground, or continue to drink. This sucks, want it to stop.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Barry, I just replied to your other thread but then saw this, are you drinking a lot? As you probably know drink is a depressant for the body and mind and while might help while in the act of drinking it is sure to make you feel worse afterwards. How is your relationship with your spouse, is talking to her about this an option?

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I appreciate you are hurting but please stay strong as life is important and that means YOU. I am judging you or telling stop to drinking. Drinking only causes you more aniexty and makes you more anxious about life. Have you tried reaching out to a helpline or speaking to your GP. There is no shame in the way you feel as the doctor will be understanding. We are here for you if you want to talk. Trust me talking helps when you are anxious.

You are no longer alone and please keep talking to us as we care about you.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

How are you feeling Barry?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.