to stop:

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Lilly, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilly

Lilly Well-Known Member

what kinds of things do you do to stop yourself from SH? Id like to know and maybe your ideas will help someone else stop for a while :)
    Mostly, I dont know what I can do to stop.....i found myself SH at my bfs house today while he was at work.....so im wondering how i can stop too :S

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Distraction with music with activity Getting rid of all self harm tools Hold onto a ice cube it give a painful feeling but does not harm hun

3. SashaJade

SashaJade Well-Known Member

4. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

The way I stopped from SH is I just completely stopped doing it. People were starting to notice my cuts, and I didn't want anybody, to know about my SH, so I stopped. I also stopped because I knew it was going to get out of control quickly. I don't really recommend going cold turkey because it's really hard, and you're not solving the reason why you SH in the first place.

When I almost relapsed a few months ago, I listened to music, and that really helped me to put the knife away.

So my best recommendation is to listen to some of your favorite songs/bands to help you get the thoughts out of your head!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.