To Sum It Up...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mpang123, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

As an active member of suicideforum.com, I have learned that many factors contribute to our depression and suicidal thoughts. Many deal with relationship problems, chemical dependency issues, loneliness, overwhelming stress, and other issues that bring us to the point of total despair and hopelessness. There is no quick fix and coping with our depression takes time to heal our wounds. We have come to the point where we try reaching out to others in the hope that we will recive validation to our feelings and find support and advice from the dedicated, caring and trained moderators and others suffering from similar issues. Depression is treatable, but not curable. Antidepressants help lift your mood so not everything looks gloomy and thought of suicide many not see like the ultimate solution. Antipsychotics help reduce the hallucinations to keep us in reality. Anti-anxiety meds help ease the anxiousness and help one cope with daily stressors. I learned that relationships can be difficult, and for those seeking it, patience is the name of the game. Confidence in yourself is very attractive and when you are feeling down and depressed, it makes it harder to attract someone else. Drugs and alcohol play a major role in coping with depression and thought processes. Seeking help to stay clean and sober wiil help alleviate the depression. One can't control the stressors in one's life, but developing coping skills will help alleviate the pressures and ill-effects caused by stress. I've learned that some people really do care for us and understand what we're going through. This site has helped me tremendously and hope everyone will benefit form this site too. I can't answer to everybody's postings, but I can sum up what are the most common factors we experience that brings us to the point of suicide. Give this forum a chance to receive help as well as offer help to others. That's the dynamics of this website. I wish everybody well and expect me to keep posting here when I still feel the need to. Bye for now!

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thanks for you informative post this forum is very supportive because we are all understanding of each other. NO ONE is alone here ok so please reach out hugs

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Mpang. Thanks for the insightful synopsis. At the end your words indicated that you may be posting less. If this is true, I hope it is because you are feeling better. I really hope this would be true. :hug:

4. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

Hi flowers! I didn't mean to be posting less, but i will still keep posting as i see the need to. However, be assured that if i don't post much, that may mean I'm feeling better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.