to tell or not to tell

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by swimmergirl, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

if you have a plan, and means and time would you tell someone? If you did, what would you want them to do?
  2. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

Honestly, if I was telling someone my plan it would probably secretly be in hopes that they would stop prove that someone cared. But why are you asking about this?
  3. swimmergirl

i am so ambivalent and if I can just get over the urge to tell someone then maybe i could finally end it.
  4. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

I have plan, means, time and reason to and I will tell no one, because when I go through with it, I don't want anyone to stop me. Secondly, no one would be interested anyway.
  5. Robin

Robin Guest

They must be interested otherwise you wouldn't be worried about them stopping you :)
  6. __Rawr.Tigga

__Rawr.Tigga Well-Known Member

Unless I wanted to be stopped, I wouldn't tell.

I won't tell.

*~Take Care and Keep Strong~*
  7. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I've never heard of anybody telling someone unless -deep down- they want to be stopped.
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I would want them to help me stop the pain inside give me hope
  9. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

I wouldn't want anyone to know.

They could blame their self for not stopping it and then in their mind it could be their fault they're dead.
  10. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

I would not tell anyone. I would not want to be stopped.
  11. Ben121

Ben121 Active Member

Good point.

I would not wont anyone to feel like it was there fault. Not even the ppl that have treated me badly in the passed.
  12. triggs

triggs Account Closed

13. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It's obvious you have people who care or you wouldn't be asking this and worrying about what others think.. Why don't you sit them down and tell them whats going on.. It might mean a stay on a phsyc ward to get you stable.. Don't worry phsyc wards aren't like in the movies.. They will keep you safe..This way they can help you set up a support group of people to go to when you are feeling this way.. They can also help you find a therapist who can teach you how to cope..
  14. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

If i was sincere in wanting to go through with the plan i doubt i would tell anyone, as i know they would try to stop me. If it was a cry for attention, so to speak, then i'd probably tell my boyfriend or best friend, because i'd know they would help me.
  15. pisces

pisces New Member & Antiquities Friend

My brother told me and i couln't stop him,we burried him on Tuesday,i should have picked up that night he did it all the signs werer there but i only saw them after,then it was too late
  16. swimmergirl

thanks for all of your comments, i think i want to tell so someone will save me because deep down that is what i want the most, someone to care, because i don't feel that right now and have no hope of feeling it again. It is the hopelessness that is so hard, I want to borrow some hope from others. But if I ever get to the point that it is absolutely unbearable, i still think i would attempt to tell someone even if it was subtle, i think that is in our dna in a way. I just don't know how much to tell people if i tell them now and ask for help, i don't want to scare anyone or make them feel bad. God, i am such a wuss, even on the verge of suicide i worry about other people.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.