To the chat flirts...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by RainbowChaser, Jul 24, 2007.

1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

STOP
    FLIRTING
    WITH
    EVERYTHING
    THAT'S
    FEMALE
    !!!!!!!​

Honestly, there isn't a rape and sexual abuse forum here for no reason you know. The amount of girls who've told me that they've been triggered by comments like "bet you're hot" is ridiculous, especially when you consider that I'm not a chat mod. When a guy starts asking for every little detail about you (or just that good old abreviation 'asl'), of course some girls here are gonna be on their guard.
    Now excuse me while I kick a wall and pretend that it's the last guy who made me feel like this and I'm kicking him in the balls...
    :dry:​

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

so sorry for voicing my thoughts..ill shut my mouth like a good girl.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  3. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

Let's not get personal kanani...I think you make a very valid point though sammie :hug: some people just go over the score.

4. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

just dont flirt at all, what sthe point

we all have trust issues, if a relationship is going to arise via SF it will be through a large amount of talking and trust anyway

so theres no need to hit on people when most people you hit on are gonna be upset.

I made a new friend a few weeks back, was listening to his troubles, he said we were really alike and he was glad he had found someone to talk to, and i was happy to have helped, then he asked if i had a boyfriend and when i said yes he hasnt spoken to me since.

Keep it under control, thats not what were here for. fgs.

edit: btw, i think its important to remember that flirting with guys can be equally triggering if they have low self esteem or sexual / relationship issues, its not just girls

5. RainbowChaser

:sad: That sucks :hug:

6. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

If that is in relationship to me in any shape or form, then I apologize for giving over the impression that I was flirting and even more so apologetic for giving off the impression I was ignoring you. I treasured your advice like I do with anybody else from here but the fact is that I haven't been as active on here for the last couple of weeks. You a friend, and a good person for listening to my troubles but if you consider me a 'flirt' or a 'trigger' then I really see no point in carrying on talking to you.

7. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Agreed. :dry:

8. StellarSparkle

StellarSparkle Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you girls :sad:

I have also made a new friend and I feel used by him in a way. I listened to him and was always there for him. I showed him my support and love as he was lacking it, and I made everything possible for him to feel better but after a while I realized he was not treating me as I should have, according to how I treated him. I suddenly thought he was taking advantage of me. I feel very disappointed now, I wish things would have been different :sad:

9. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

no where here does it mention flirting or triggering even if it was about you.

10. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I'm sick of the ways males treat women, anywhere, real life or online. And I certainly think this is the wrong place to get 'personal'.

11. Innocent

Innocent Guest

It really bothers me when some guy I barely know says to me something like "I bet ur hot" or whatever because a.) um no I'm not hot, I'm okay, I'm not hideous lol but I'm not hot... and b.) if you are going to try to compliment me compliment me on something sincere, I bet ur hot isn't much of a compliment to me, since you don't even know what I look like and since I'd like someone to value me in other ways besides how I look.

12. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

i think it goes both ways..women treat men like shit too and do those things. I am a female just so you all know..its a two way street I have been treated like crap but I also see it as girls do it to guys too.

13. ybt

ybt Guest

Well, if you women want respect, you're going to have to stop constantly flirting with me.

I'm kidding, here, calm down...

14. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

:blink: omg don't tell me someone actually see's the other side of the fence? don't tell me someone can actually see it goes both ways? :eek:hmy:

*slap*

snap out of it Matt, you must be seeing things.

:tongue:

Have to say the flirting is nothing like it use to be...mind you I very rarely go into chat, hell i'm not even suppose to be here.

Theres a lot interpersonal shit that gets said on this site thats excessive in my view, especially half the stuff in the Coffee House...I love you, I love you, I love you :puke:...but ya freedom of blah and all that blah.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  15. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Lol I said it too

16. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

while relationships may arise from this site, i am more than sure that they are based on a simple 'i bet ur hot'
    men and women, men and men, and women and women, can all be attracted to each other but you need to remember where you are and how what you say can affect people around you.

17. I am in an SF relationship, which I'm deeply in love with her, despite the hurtful issues we've had together. I've realized that the more I talk with her, the more I think about how I can't be without her. My life wouldn't be well without her to tell me that she loves me. I see her as the wonderful person she is, for who she is, a delightul reminder to me of why there is still something good about life. :hug: AoM.

18. livingdeath

livingdeath Active Member

Thank you, Kanani, for pointing that out. I was in love with a woman (nothing to do with SF). In the past she had had abusive husbands. I treated her like a queen because she is a goddess and I worshipped her. I never raised my voice in anger or said a single thing mean thing to her. I just loved her. She dumped me after two months. She discarded me like garbage. That's why I'm on this suicide forum now -- over a year and a half after she dumped me. She treated me like shit and I loved her so. So thanks for pointing out that women treat men like crap and hurt them, too. Some of us are just as sensitive and vulnerable as you girls. I wish I wasn't that way because it hurts, but I am.

19. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I think you have a valid point Sammie. :hug:

20. RainbowChaser

You might as well delete this thread - apparently I know fuck all.