• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

to the new members- something I've seen a lot here

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
to all new members and less recent ones i guess i am sick of you guys writing ' i read some posts here of people who struggle more' or people who struggle more but here is mine. like this is absolutely infuriating it is a good thing to acknowledge others struggles and that you are struggle but don't use that phrase there is no struggling less or struggling more each situation is different so you cannot compare there is only struggle pf urs and others who struggle as well no more or less because when u use the phrase oh there is more people struggling than me is the same thing as saying oh the stuff i went through isn't important. so please instead say others are struggling in a different way than me use this phrase may be as a comparison for advise for the sake of relatability but not for the sake of comparing struggles and feeling bad or feeling better

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi neutral :)
I think I get what you're trying to say here. People are all rowing their own boat. It's hard to just live from one day to the next so each person is just trying to survive. Comparing my problems to yours is pointless because they're so very real to you. I can feel as though mine is the very worst thing imaginable - why else would I be this depressed? Why else might I want to die? But trying to match up my life against someone else isn't reasonable - or fair - because we're both just trying to get by.
I feel you :)

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
Hi neutral :)
I think I get what you're trying to say here. People are all rowing their own boat. It's hard to just live from one day to the next so each person is just trying to survive. Comparing my problems to yours is pointless because they're so very real to you. I can feel as though mine is the very worst thing imaginable - why else would I be this depressed? Why else might I want to die? But trying to match up my life against someone else isn't reasonable - or fair - because we're both just trying to get by.
I feel you :)
you put it a lot more simpler 😄

Optimistic Goatman

The woolly enigmatic one
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm with you so much on this. One of my most hated phrases is "I don't feel right talking about my issues, other people have real problems." It's a mentality that seems to stop a lot of people from opening up about what they're going through, but as i always try to explain to them - if you are depressed, you are depressed. if you're depressed to the point of feeling suicidal, that needs to be taken very seriously, regardless of how good or bad your life is outside of that depression. You could lead the most blessed life in existence, but if you're feeling that bad, your amazing life still doesn't make it any less valid or worth discussing.

Auri

🎸🎼Rock Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
It seems like recently a lot of things like that have been said here... but it's not the norm. I'm sorry you had to read things like that which invalidate your feelings, it's wrong, and we get enough of that bullshit from the outside already. I stand with what everyone said here. Your struggle matters no matter what it is, please don't listen to those who don't know any better. Sending hugs.

This is valid for you, too, @sinking_ship . I saw that. You need to include yourself in those people, because you sure as hell deserve the same compassion you give to others. ♡

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$195.00
Goal
$255.00