To ugly to live?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by suicidal maniac, Aug 19, 2009.

Do you consider yourself good looking?

1. Avarage Looking

42 vote(s)
  2. Good Looking

10 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suicidal maniac

suicidal maniac Well-Known Member

I don't realy consider myself ugly, but avarage looking, but it makes me think that happines is based on looks and the amount of sex you are getting. I look at my neighbours, and they have 3 somes all the time, because they are better looking then me. How is it fair that because I'm not genetically gifted I'm not as happy as the one that is born with better genes. Here I'm planning to kill myself, I'm preety close, I'm planing to take some pills, I'm not a bad looking man, but if I was a good looking man, I bet you I wouldn't be here. What do you think?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Please don't base your self worth on how you look :hug:
  3. TaraJo

TaraJo Banned Member

With everything I've learned over the past year, you can really tell the OP is a guy. lol I get "propositioned" all the time and, honestly, I'm never really tempted to take anyone up on the offers.

I'm also fairly confident I look pretty good, or, at least I do when I put effort into it. Truth is, looking good is pretty important to me.

However, being depressing and having no confidence is a sure fire way to turn girls off. It's possible your "romantic" efforts are being held back by this.
  4. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I think I'm average looking, and others say I'm good looking (I don't see it) - but I am fat - and in this society being fat = ugly and bad. But I have no problems with getting the opposite sex - so I know that has nothing to do with it. (I just don't happen to want the opposite sex is all!) So really, looks have nothing to do with it. Everyone has something different they consider sexy or good looking. There's tons of websites up for fatty MILFs, this proved that to me! :tongue: So please rethink! Most of the kinds of men I'm attracted to are the ones that most others think wouldn't be attractive (big men for instance). Just because someone else is getting some right now doesn't mean anything at all. We're all here because our self-esteems suck (for the most part), and I'm sure that does have everything to do with it. Hang in there! :hug:
  5. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Where's the option for not liking how you look? :unsure:
    But yeah... i think being better looking gives you a better life, you get more attention from women, self esteem and confidence rises, you become a more fun outgoing person, make more friends etc...
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm good looking.

I haven't had so much as a kiss in over two years, despite the fact that every girl I meet likes me.

I don't get it.
  7. suicidal maniac

suicidal maniac Well-Known Member

Maybe you are not that good looking then.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

i guess maybe i miss the thought process when ppl think that happiness is obtained by the way we look or what we have.

i think we .. i used to do the samething ... spend way to much time selling ourselves short because we dont compare to someone else.
    ive seem some pretty homely ppl that are married or have b/f g/f.

when we base our life trying to be someone were not, we show that we have very little self esteem.
    when you see a homely person sporting around a date, you have to wonder what the person must really be like underneath the skin.

which is my point, its whats inside, its our personality that matters. if we have a low self image ppl see it.
    we arnt hiding anything. it comes out the way we present our selfs.
    we are as we think and if we think negative about ourself ... welll....
    we are the ones in control of our happiness.
  9. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i pick c. none of the above
  10. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

True. Where's the third option?

Life is so much easier when you're attractive - it's unfair.
  11. TaraJo

TaraJo Banned Member

Does anyone here understand how important confidence is to looking good? I doll myself up the best I can but if I don't have confidence, I look butt-ugly.

I don't know about the guys, but girls really have to put alot of effort into looking good, too. Learning fashion, hair and makeup all take time and practice.

However, for me, there's nothing that feels quite as good as being able to look in the mirror and like what I see. This is coming from a girl who spent thirty years looking in the mirror and despising what she sees so I understand totally what you're all saying. But you can look good if you practice, try and believe in yourself.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

true confidence doesnt rely upon how you look. its taking that you got and being you.

the importance of looking "good" to enable your self confidence is being fake.
    its nice to look good, but when we become so obsessed with looks, we loose track of anything else. because if we only build our life on how we look ... whats the point ??
  13. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I'm average. I understand how looks play a big part in life. We judge everything on look, not on it alone, but it plays a part.
  14. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

I would consider myself very good looking :p
  15. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Firstly, don't go through with it.
    Secondly, there is way more to life than looks. Society is shallow and it ingrains in us what is and isn't.
  16. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Just noting that, that at the time I'm typing this, there are 15 average looking people answers and 3 good looking people answers. I suppose that would make the average looking people rather average. So again, I suppose looks have nothing to do with much of anything, and its all in our sense of self-worth.
  17. cloud720

cloud720 Member

I care more about my personality. I may not be the best looking guy in the world but I know I could get by if I only knew how to talk to people. I don't.

also if being better looking would just mean I could get shallow sex then it wouldn't mean much to me. I could just pay for it if that was the case. In my opinion, someone sleeping with you for your looks would not compare to someone loving you for your personality. I'd probably be depressed that no one truly cared about me.I wouldn't want peopke to want me just for my looks.
  18. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

'Too ugly to live?'

Yes, I feel that way often. :sad:
  19. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Everyone I know disagrees...

Maybe it's not that important.
  20. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Read my nick. I cant vote, you missed one option.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.