Today is a bad day

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by FellOutOfBed, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FellOutOfBed

FellOutOfBed Member

I'm homeless and I had to give up the younger of my two cats when I lost my car. I kept my 14 year old cat with me. I protected her, feed her and kept her warm through all of this and now she is sick. I can't take care of her and now I have to lose another part of me. I know it was selfish but she is mine and all I have left. I love her like she is my child and now she is suffering because of me and I am the asshole that put her here. I don't deserve to breath and she didn't deserve to suffer. I can leave her with friends a few hours a day but at night I have her with me. No one wants her because she is old. I scraped together every dime to take her to a vet. She just has a urinary tract infection but she is in so much pain. If anyone is in Orange County, California can you please take a beautiful sweet little kitty and take good care of her please write back. She is friendly and very loving. She needs a good home and none of my friends will take her because they think because she is old she will be too expensive to care for. She might cost some to get back to where she was before but she has a lot of years left. She won't cost much compared to all the love she will give. If you can't take her and know of any groups that might adopt her, that would be good too. I can't take her to a shelter. This has to be the last thing for me to lose before I give up on everything and I want her to be in a good home first.

I know this is a suicide forum. Believe me I am there at this moment. I am desperate to find her a home and have posted everywhere possible. I just would rather go with her being cared for since she is sick then die and have her put down because I couldn't make her better first.

2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I hope you'll get some treatment or help. If you walk into a hospital emergency room, and tell them you're suicidal, you may get a few days of treatment, and possibly resources, maybe a shelter, or halfway house.

You're important to me, and to this community. If you stick around, you can get support and encouragement. I think almost all of us have at least been close to suicide, so we understand.

You don't have to, but if you post more, we can get to know you better,

I'm not in California, so I can't help with your cat, but please take care of you.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Felloutofbed,

I'm not in the U.S so I can't help with your cat. But I really do think you need to seek some help. Do things that will make you feel better, see a doctor, call a hotline or email the samaritans. Please don't give up hope. You can live to help others, I'm sure you have a lot to offer, don't take your own life, it's not worth it. You're worth more than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.