today is the day

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by hubbie, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubbie

hubbie New Member

today is the day i have decided to stop the pain and put an end to my miserable life. everything is planned for when i get back home later. although people may not agree i hope they can understand why. iv'e left my estate to one member of the family to start up in business in memory of my wife. i am so much at ease now knowing that i will soon be joining her. i am not afraid of dying, i welcome it with open arms. just one concern remains for me- what if it doesn't work. i have to attend appointment with councellor today i will not be mentioning this to him.
  2. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

i just dont know what to say, i hope you will change your mind :unsure:
  3. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx Well-Known Member

i hope you change your mind....tho i do understand...i'll be praying for you
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I really hope you change your mind...!
  5. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Have you a close friend or family member with whom you've been able to share your pain and grief, perhaps someone supportive you may call on, when feeling at your lowest?

Seeing a counselor can be very beneficial, but there is something about having the human connection of a friend, or someone who shares a similar experience, with whom to share these feelings.

Your concern is valid and warrants careful consideration as to potential long term physical repercussions. Being unfamiliar with your method, I couldn't even begin to guess what those might be. Being in deep emotional pain is difficult enough, yet should you find yourself with the additional burden of being essentially trapped in a physically restrictive and compromised position, one in which you may be unable to again try to ease your heart by joining your wife, you could be left permanently miserable and perhaps in great physical pain as well. There is also the likelihood of being committed against your will and perhaps the social stigma and humiliation is something else to consider. I'm sure i'll catch flack for that but it is a reality, and for some an important consideration.

I do understand where you are coming from and that in your heart you feel prepared. :hug: You may want to put a bit more thought and consideration into the possible outcomes.

It is a choice only you can make, and we are not here to judge you.

Personally, I don't agree with your decision, although you'll receive no condemnation from me. I wish there were another way for you to ease your heart. Could you perhaps talk with us a bit more, share with us your story and how you are feeling? There are many good people here willing to lend an ear and support, some may share a similar experience to yours.

If anything, please reconsider for the simple fact, you don't know if you will fail or succeed nor do you know what the outcome will be.

Is this something your wife would approve of?

We are here for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.