Today was a good day

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by pithrania, Aug 8, 2013.

1. pithrania

pithrania Active Member

Today I had my second appointment with my new therapist. She is really nice.
    She bought me a coke and then we went on a little walk beside the river, and sat down in the grass and talked.
    It was so much much easier to talk outside!
    I'm looking forward to my next appointment!
    I also bought a new book that I'm excited to read.

2. Snooze

Snooze Well-Known Member

Wow that's really great!
    I never really had the guts to go see a therapist but your post is real close on changing my mind!
    Sounds like a great day out!

3. pithrania

pithrania Active Member

I don't mean to burst your bubble but this one is my fifth therapist. The other four weren't that great.
    At first I didn't want to start therapy, but now I actually want to go.

4. Snooze

Snooze Well-Known Member

Yeah she really does sound like someone who cares and you have a fun time with her!
    You definitely didn't burst my bubble.

All my therapist knowlege is based on the dull , too professioan ones.
    Hearing about yours is definitely very motivating even if it was just a one in a five situation! She definitely gives an example for the rest!

5. torn23

torn23 Member

It's so good to hear of your new connection to this therapist. I know a good relationship with a therapist can be permanently life changing. It has been for me. And you found one who will take you outside, where you feel more comfortable. It sounds like you found a really good one, without having to go through too many. It took me several, but it was worth it. I encourage everyone and anyone who needs someone special to talk with to stick with exploring therapy, even if it takes a while to find your match. And once you do, be prepared to go through a few ups and downs because working out your relationship with your therapist is ultimately deeply healing. Good luck to you. Hope to hear more good posts about your experience.

6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

((Jenny)) thanks for posting something good and going rute now for you.. See not that much of that on here.. Is great when find it...torn is rite.. Very much so.. Finding a good and the right therapist can be like hitting the powerball lottery jackpot..lol hope this continues for you. Jim