Today was supposed to be my day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an appointment with my GP this morning, got all my prescrptions, went to work afterwards as normal, left early to go collect my presciptions from the chemist, <Mod Edit:Methods>it's a place i often go to think, then my partner called me to say she had come home from work sick and asked if i could bring some things in on my way home, guilt is an awful feeling...

Last edited by a moderator:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @northbridge17 welcome to the forum. speaking of methods is not allowed on here as we are pro life. Why do you want to take your own life? Keep talking to us we might have some useful advice for you if you care to elaborate on what is going on for you. Joining here is your first step in your road to recovery, are you currently seeing any type of professional for your thoughts?

I feel guilty as i will be leaving behind my partner of 18 years whom i love with every part of my being - she has been my soulmate since the day i set eyes on her all those years ago, i was 13 weeks away from getting married to a man when i met her, she just did something to my head and my heart from the moment we were introduced, we have been together ever since, she has looked after me for the last 5/6 while i have been recoving from the PE, but im not the person she fell in love with, i am so not me anymore, my confidence has gone my feeling of being alive has gone, i'm exsisting - i'm not living, and that's no fair on her either

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hey there, Northbridge
I'm glad you made it through the day, even if it was a fluke. Now on to the next.

Hey, you know it seems kind of reasonable that your wife or partner or whatever should know that you're thinking like this. It's kind of unfair to her for you to take your life without her knowing jack shit, don't you think? Don't leave her with that legacy. You say you love her **that much** but you want her to feel the kind of pain that just doesn't let up? Come on, that makes no sense. Have you tried everything you've got in you to work this out -- therapy, medications, hospitalization.. everything? Because I'm the survivor of some suicides and nothing compares to that shit. It's not like you just die and go away. It's not like you died in a car accident. It's not like cancer. It's you making a conscious choice to give her the finger and tell her fuck you, you're not worth it, I'm leaving. You, of course don't see it that way -- you just want the pain to end, the suffering you feel inside to cease. I get it -- but she won't. She never will. And if you guys have kids together they won't get it either (and they'll also become more likely to kill *themselves* later on as well)

Generally I wouldn't fire off a 1st post this brutally. I think you're gonna be pretty cool to talk to honestly but I think you're in a dire situation here so I'm trying to get a point across *quickly* in case you return and read this. I really hope you choose to live. Please tell your lady that you're feeling this way, let her begin to help you. You guys get some help together.

TheChimeraMonster

You're special, sweet child
Sincerely, living with someone you love during years, for me, means you two passed for lots of things, and this mean she loves you, that she wish to be with you, because you are you don't matter what. After all, this is love.
If you care for her, if you love her. Tell her the truth. This is all she would want.

I have told her somewhat of what i feel, i am now getting CBT, today was my second appointment, but i am not clicking with the guy, i am also on medication, i do love my partner and that's the only reason i am still alive, there are no kids in the equasion - we are both women, neither of us have ever wanted kids, it's just her me and our wee cat - i'm just dead inside - that's what fills my head, i'm sorry

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That sounds like depression we know too well. If you're not jiving with the Therapist can you ask to switch to a different Therapist perhaps a woman if its more comfortable for you to open up a bit more? (Hugs) I am glad you're with us today.

, and that's no fair on her either
Whilst I'm sure you feel this way at the moment, I can guarantee she doesn't. Relationships are about being there for each other, and the reward you get from being loved by that person far outweighs and low points that you work though with them.

Don't be too hard on yourself, you've been through a lot, you just worry about getting yourself into a better place, and she'll get the rewards then.

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00