Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anasgirlx, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anasgirlx

anasgirlx Well-Known Member

So, today is James' birthday. He would have been 25 today. His birthday and the anniversary of his death always make me suicidal.. anyone have any advice?
  2. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss :hug:

If it were me, I'd visit his grave and speak to him for a while on my own, whether you want to take others with you or not is entirely your own choice of course. I'd also do some things that him and I would have done together, even if there was only one thing, just so that his memory was nowhere near close to dying. Most importantly of all though, I'd focus on the brilliant memories we had together. I know he doesn't want you to be sad, and he'd not want you to kill yourself or harm yourself in anyway. Focus on the great memories, do a couple of things you might have done together and maybe visit his grave, make some sort of tradition or something. All these things could help. If just the memory of him hurts too much, then I'd watch some sitcoms to take my mind off of it, read some books, make sure I was around other people. I'd stay constantly active, no matter what that meant, as long as I didn't harm myself or others in any way, since that's not what James would have wanted.

I'm here if you need anything at all, my PM box is always open :hug:
  3. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Hi Ashley, sad to see your feeling down today.

The best way to look for people that have left us, is to open up your heart, remember the good times you shared, the laughs, the smiles. Maybe going out and doing his favorite hobby. Know that he wouldnt want you feeling this way, he wouldnt want you remembering him in a bad light, he wouldnt want you to be sad for him.
  4. 41021

41021 Banned Member

My advice is dirt at the moment, so i won't even attempt any. :no:

I just wanted to give you a **hug** and let you know you are not alone in how you feel. I just know these times can be quite difficult, and it's best if you can reach out to others, allowing them to be there for you, be supportive of you.

5. Escapist

Escapist Well-Known Member

It must be a very difficult time for you. I'm sorry for your loss.

There are a few things that you could do however. Like aforementioned you could visit his grave and keep him company for awhile, with a conversation maybe? To make it a little easier to bear you could make him a gift. Whether that gift is a warm scarf for the upcoming winter or a beautiful poem, or you could take two slices of cake and leave one for him. Even though these kind of things appear to be odd at first glance, they really aren't. It helps to distract you from the suicidal thoughts and in return you are dedicating your time to your partner.

Another idea is to dig up some memories. :)

Not sure what your partner was like, but he wants you to live, of that i'm sure. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.