today's issues.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sucidalgirl99, Sep 16, 2009.

1. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

Well, I cried in Geomerty today for no reason, but after school my babysitter insulted me. I told my mom, but she didn't understand. I've been at my high school for a year now, but I still don't like it. I don't like the atmosphere there, and my parents won't transfer me. I'm not sure wether I shall contuine high school after my sophomore year or not. I don't have many real friends yet, either.

make me feel better please?

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Can you talk to a school counselor?? Maybe they can give you other options like joining a group..I'm sure there are others there that feel the same way you do..Maybe talk to your parents about seeing a therapist..You can learn coping skills and how not to discount your positive thoughts..I don't know if this helps you, but it is an option..

3. sucidalgirl99

Maybe, but she might say something to my parents which isn't a good idea. I've tried talking about getting a therapist, but it didn't work. I'll try to though.

4. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

doesnt the school counsellor operate on a confidentiality thing? ah but if you talk about "certain" subjects they kind of have to tell someone, who may tell them... you should check though

5. sucidalgirl99

I'm not sure, but I'll try to check.

6. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

itd probably be a good idea to. :)

7. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

First of all, it takes a strong person to actually be able to cry and express sensitivity and vulnerability. Don't ever listen to people who tell you to keep emotions bottled up or to act a certain way in public. I am 21 now and I can go on and on about the issues I had in high school. The embarrassment I suffered, the failure, the lack of socialization, and other issues in my personal life. I went to three different high schools. Do not drop out. Don't worry too much about the social aspect of it and just do the school work and study the hardest you can. Think of high school as something you have to get past to reach a goal.. A goal of going to college, so you can eventually study what you love and have a nice career. If you really want to drop out, try to find out about getting a GED early and then maybe you can start taking pre requisites at a community college or something. You might need a court order to take the GED early because I think that in most states, you have to wait until your class graduates..

8. shades

shades Staff Alumni

If you are in the U.S., changing High Schools can be difficult due to the area in which you live and other regulations. It may not be just because your parents do not want to try and accommodate you. Just curious, what did your "sitter" say that was insulting? In my estimation, generally speaking, that should not be tolerated by your parents although I do not know what happened.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hun, I think you should talk to the school counsellor and explain that you want to transfer etc.. perhaps the counsellor could talk to your parents for you? Just an idea x

Keep us updated :hug:

10. sucidalgirl99

Thank you for your advice & reponse. I shall look into it.

11. sucidalgirl99

True. She said that I don't like anything; that's not true.

12. sucidalgirl99

I'd try, but it won't work hun.

13. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

oh you are welcome! just don't give up and don't let stupid people bother you.

14. sucidalgirl99

Thanks for the advice.