Today's my birthday

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dying To Live, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dying To Live

Dying To Live Member

I haven't posted on here in a long time.

Today's my birthday and as usual it sucks, its not that I take birthdays all that serious anymore, I'm too old for that, but it proves just how worthless I am in other peoples eyes, even my own family seems to hate me. I truly wish I had never been born. I'm a complete failure in every aspect of my life and more than likely it will never change or get better, things don't change for people like me.

I give and give and no one ever returns the favor, yes I know you can't buy love or acceptance but still. I'm even coming to the point where I can't stand most people, there lack of empathy and selfishness.

Suicide is always on my mind, I want out of my piece of shit life and out of this evil backwards world.

2. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

yeah i know birthdays are shit when you're down and depressed. but if you really think that you're a failure, i smell bullshit. try a longer runway for your dreams and have a clear goal you want to persue. give it 5 years and youll be doing alot better.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Firstly, happy birthday and glad you decided to share it with us...secondly, I truly know what it is like to feel worthless, and also know the value in sharing and feeling the care of others (here and in RL)...please continue to post and let us know what is going on for you...I am sure there are many people here who will be able to relate...happy birthday again :bday:

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Happy birthday, first of all!

Birthdays and other days that hold significance (easter, christmas etc) do tend to be a hit of a downer with all of the expectations and hype given them by everyone, so the easiest way that I deal with such events is not to expect so much and generally treat it as if it is any other day - which they pretty much are, anyway.

But why let something such as selfishness on another person's part stop you from enjoying what shoukd otherwise be an enjoyable day for you? If you give and you give and are not rewarded for your trouble with even a kind word, then they don't deserve what you have for them. Move on and give your time to someone who will appreciate it even more - which will also boost your own happiness at the same time.

For the cake today and have some :bubbles: - as it's all in the signature!

5. Dying To Live

Dying To Live Member

Thanks everyone.

I try not to get expectations but its still a real downer.

6. ali 56

ali 56 Well-Known Member

Happy birthday too even if I may be a bit late just turned on computer. Try and switch off from folk that's what I do I really know it's hard but it does come easier to disconnect with time, good days come with bad please rememeber that and enjoy the good feelings that you have - take care Ali

7. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hey, happy birthday. I'm sorry it hasn't been a good one
    *hugs*

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday ...*hug* *cake*

I feel for you cos I could have written that exact same letter and I hate my birthday with a passion..
    I hope the coming year is better for you

9. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Happy birthday, Scott! :bday:

10. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday from me also :)

11. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

:bday: DTL! :hug:

12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Happy birthday!!!! My daughter is the only one who remembers mine..I don't expect anything from the rest of the family..

13. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Hey Scott,
    Happy Belated Birthday to you.
    I hope your birthday got better before it was over.
    I don't like my birthday either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.