• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Todays reasons to keep going

I find that having a reason to stay helps a lot with my mental health. Ill start by sharing my reasons to see tomorrow, and I hope you will too. :)

1. My Grandma would be lonley
2. My little sisters deserve a better example
3. I would never be able to meet my idols
4. I could never re-read my favorite books (and all the ones I have to come)
5. All the amazing and supportive strangers on this website I still have to meet.
Staying for other people can be very stressful, so I always stay for the me that is to come.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
The simple peace of being out in nature and watching, smelling and experiencing what is going on. I just say it is more fun during the Spring and Fall when not too hot or cold.

Setting up my telescope and watching the planets, the Moon and the cosmos.

I am another who read so I can identify with the books.

There are still many things I would like to share with and teach my nephew. My brother, his dad, is very skilled as a mechanic but I am the carpenter in the family and do believe that is a useful skill and quite fun to create beautiful and useful things.

Food! :)

Humor in all forms is another favorite.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Only reason to live is your family
I think the point of the thread is that this isn't a "good enough" reason. You have to find things for you or you won't make it. You have to find passion or love or interest in something to get on with your life instead of basing it all on another person (s). There's more to living than getting from one day to the next.

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty, the cheerful and purest. •✮•
You have to find things for you or you won't make it. You have to find passion or love or interest in something to get on with your life instead of basing it all on another person (s).
Thank god I have those now and I have been obsessed with it ever since. I am like living in moments of newness, obsessed with movements of colours and many other things that got me stimulated so much I have forgotten about my suicide thoughts. God bless my big brain energy. 😹

My point is.. I’ve just been focusing on myself. 😺

Waves

More to life than having kids right? Lots of people choose that - want it, decide - and others can't. Nothing wrong with that. There's more to life than other people (again)
we al have our feelings. Why we respect differences. Part of being human is being part of a tribe. Belonging. I n reading and studying I have found that animals of death family connect and support each other. It is nature.

Waves

we al have our feelings. Why we respect differences. Part of being human is being part of a tribe. Belonging. I n reading and studying I have found that animals of death family connect and support each other. It is nature.
same family. Not death family

Waves

same family. Not death family
M

I confess I ignored nature. I thought I could survive emotionally and physically without a family. Ask anyone over 60 and they will tell you that family is important for emotional and physical survival.

Maagy43

I am here because I believe that if I commit suicide that the other side will be worse.

I am here because if I give up, it will tell my daughter that it’s ok to give up.

I would disappoint and hurt my family.

I want to see my grandchildren grow.

I really do feel like I just survive from day to day. I miss having something to look forward to besides struggle. I miss having a special person in my life.

justrob

Keep on keeping on.
Yes. I think that is why we procreate. Nature. Only not all of us do or can. And then what?
I was responding to your comment about family and I mentioned that was why I am staying alive. I don't want them to deal with my dying by my own hand.

I do neither seek nor receive support from my family. I have friends for that.

Waves

I was responding to your comment about family and I mentioned that was why I am staying alive. I don't want them to deal with my dying by my own hand.

I do neither seek nor receive support from my family. I have friends for that.
Your daughters . . . You are their family right? And they are yours?

justrob

Keep on keeping on.
Your daughters . . . You are their family right? And they are yours?
Yes they are my family.

I don't want to hurt them in anyway, so I keep myself alive, but I don't involve them in that effort. They are the reason I don't hurt myself. When I need help emotionally I do not turn to anyone in my family. I have friends I count on for that.

I feel like I am missing the point. Can you elaborate? What should I be talking about?

Waves

Yes they are my family.

I don't want to hurt them in anyway, so I keep myself alive, but I don't involve them in that effort. They are the reason I don't hurt myself. When I need help emotionally I do not turn to anyone in my family. I have friends I count on for that.

I feel like I am missing the point. Can you elaborate? What should I be talking about?
my point t is family keeps you motivated and going. I never discussed any fears etc with family. But I lived because of them. At @10 I confided in a friend about dark thoughts. Not suicidal per se. wasn’t a deliberate test but ended up being one. The friend told another peer who confronted me. Scared me so I denied it. My personal experience is that people get alarmed and authoritarian. Like police officers they lock you up under the guise of treatment. It is imprisonment however way you look at it. I cannot accept that it it for medication trial because they release you before it is effective. And if insurance won’t pay well yiu are out pronto. It is not therapeutic for me. That is just my feeling. And my question is . . . Do my feelings even matter? Tbh. They don’t. The system prevails.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$255.00